Weekly Steam News (14/04/2006)

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
It's that day of the week again, my friends. Valve has some things to share with us in their Steam News Update, even if some of the contents of the update were already a given.
We've noticed that more and more people are taking a look at Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, and a real community has formed around the game. The team that built the game, Tripwire, has released its first update and more will follow. They put together an all new gameplay movie, and they've also been getting some nice press that you can find on their Metacritic page.[br]There are just a little over three weeks left for you to preload SiN Episode 1: Emergence before it is unlocked. Remember that if you pre-purchase the game before it is made available on May 10th, you will save 10% on the $19.95 price.[br]Meanwhile, here at Valve, we're frantically trying to put the finishing touches on Episode One for preloading to begin May 1st. The past couple of days have been spent with the team adding commentary tracks. Hopefully it will be interesting for people to gain some insight into our development processes. It's pretty hectic around the office, but it is always a lot of fun to be so close to shipping.
What’s that? You say you need proof that this is exactly what was said? Well, you can see it yourself by either launching your Steam client or simply (hopefully) click right 'cha.

A True Canadian said:
Woohoo. Preorder now and save $2!!

:p

I'm not complaining, I paid $17.95 for SiN 1 SP & MP not to mention the first SiN episode aswell.

There are actually 3 people who play SiN1 MP right now (first non-valve games on stats page btw), would be funny if all of a sudden SiN 1 mp will have a new community after 8 years...

I think HL2: Eps. 1 will be cheap if its $17.95 for preordering, because you get hl2dm and hldm:s(I really want this) :E

Yeah i will pre-order HL:Ep1(FFS). To get the discount.

I will wait to find out how good sin is, before purchasing.

The original sin was good.

Back