Weighted Companion Cube [possible spoilers]

tetsuo2040

Reaction score
Anyone else think that the cube is total evil?

I just realised it now, but GLaDOS is so adamant on making sure you believe that the cube cannot talk or that it will not 'threaten to stab you'. She even tries to trick you [I believe], by telling you that testing side effects involve things like hallucinations [cube talking, etc].

And in Chamber 17, in the secret room, there's Companion Cube pictures everywhere, and writing on the wall which says 'I should have disregarded your advice'.

I dunno, it's just a theory. I'm a fan of the CC, but for how long, I'm not sure.

I'm kind of in a rush, but if this theory raises any speculation, feel free to follow up this post, or lemme know what you think!

And in Chamber 17, in the secret room, there's Companion Cube pictures everywhere, and writing on the wall which says 'I should have disregarded your advice'.

advice... to euthanise it. That's what should have been disregarded.

I was sad after i played the level again on advanced and the companion ball didn't have hearts on it :(

She made you do it, it's OK man. :(

I refuse to believe the cube to be dangerous. <3

I know. Then GLaDOS goes and accuses you of murdering your companion, even though she ordered you to do it. Hypocrite. :(

When I went through that mission, I got the distinct feeling that someone who'd gone through that course before had gone completely mad and fell in love with the cube. The pictures on the wall inside the behind-the-scenes room would attest that someone went nutso for their cube. I'm guessing that Glados had to deal with said crazy test subject and their beliefs that the cube was alive and talking to them. She made sure to tell me that the cube is NOT living and cant talk.

The whole 'euthanise' thing was probably just Glados' sick sense of humor again. (or some mind game that was invented by aperture scientists to test the morality of the subjects. Seems she was already programed with the intent to periodically give dis-information to test subjects during tests.)

When I went through that mission, I got the distinct feeling that someone who'd gone through that course before had gone completely mad and fell in love with the cube. The pictures on the wall inside the behind-the-scenes room would attest that someone went nutso for their cube. I'm guessing that Glados had to deal with said crazy test subject and their beliefs that the cube was alive and talking to them. She made sure to tell me that the cube is NOT living and cant talk.

The whole 'euthanise' thing was probably just Glados' sick sense of humor again. (or some mind game that was invented by aperture scientists to test the morality of the subjects. Seems she was already programed with the intent to periodically give dis-information to test subjects during tests.)

I only felt bad after I euthanized it and GLaDOS went: "You euthanized your Weighted Companion Cube more quickly than any other test subject on record. Congratulations."

Man that freaked me out...

I love the fact that even though people have been waiting almost 10 years for tf2, all the stuff thats happened in hl2 ep 2, most people who's brought the orange box care about a cube with some heart pictures on the side of it that only appears for 1 level.

I only felt bad after I euthanized it and GLaDOS went: "You euthanized your Weighted Companion Cube more quickly than any other test subject on record. Congratulations."

Man that freaked me out...

Heh, I laughed at that remark.
"Stupid computer, you don't know who you're dealing with. I play second life, I HATE cubes, BWAHAHHAHA!"

I love the fact that even though people have been waiting almost 10 years for tf2, all the stuff thats happened in hl2 ep 2, most people who's brought the orange box care about a cube with some heart pictures on the side of it that only appears for 1 level.

B-but... but... It's the companion cube! This cube has a personality that you don't know about. It was my assistant, it helped me throughout the level!

... Okay, I think I might be getting a liiiiitle delirious. Probably because the Weighted Companion Cube hit me in the head (no honestly, that happened the first time I played. I didn't notice the companion cube dispenser so I kinda got hit in the head XD)

DrSNAFU said:
"Stupid computer, you don't know who you're dealing with. I play second life, I HATE cubes, BWAHAHHAHA!"

They're not cubes, those are prims! :p

FTHpwEVjX.jpg

:(

Back