What I Personally Would Liked The Nintendo Revolution To Be!

Kschreck

Reaction score
The following post is what ME as a Nintendo fan would like to see for a next generation game system. The videos and pictures displayed below are all fan mockups and is no indication of what Nintendo's next gen system will be like.

Revolution Day!

The day that everyone has been looking forward to. The day that Nintendo reveals their next generation system to the world and man is it beautiful. It is October 17th and Nintendo finally opened the flood gates to the Nintendo ON. www.nintendoon.com confirming that the video was indeed real and that Pablo Belemonte was hired to make the video and leak it onto the web to start the ultra hype game. The Nintendo ON looks like this:

ON2.jpg

alex_embed003.jpg

and will ship in 4 different colors. The system will retail for $300 or $350 bundled with Metroid Prime 3. Nintendo revealed the packaging for their "Halo Killer" called Xenias which is being developed by Retro Studios:

nrs_ad_007.jpg

The specs for the Nintendo ON are:

Visor:

-Panoramic 480p Screens
-360 Degree Head Tracking
-7.1 Surround Sound Speakers
-Augmented Immersion Technology
-Adjustable Visors
-Microphone
-Proximity Radar Eye

Hardware:

-3 3.6GHZ PowerPC CPU's
-1200 MHZ ATI Radeon X900
-512MB of GDDR Memmory
-512MB Of Internal Flash Memory
-2 USB 2.0 Ports
-2 SD Card Slots
-2 Compact Flash Card Slots
-WiFi A, B, G Enabled
-Wireless Controller Support

Haptic Feedback Controllers:

The Haptic Feedback controller consists of two pieces that you hold in each hand. It has heat and cold sensations, gyroscopes, pressure sensitvity, Rumble pack, and more.

During the Spaceworld Presentation Iwata revealed some of the games that where in developement:

Super Mario Revolution
Metroid Prime 3
Donkey Kong Revolution
Star Fox Galaxy
Smash Brothers 3
Pilot Wings
Resident Evil 5
Xenias
Icarus
Animal Crossing 2
Zelda Revolution
Pokemon MMOPG
Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles 2
And Much More...

Iwata stated that every game will support panoramic views inside the visor and 480p as well as 7.1 surround sound. He also confirmed that there will be 221 classic Nintendo titles at launch and that a few of them have been remastered to support the ON's panoramic screens, 480p and surround sound. Games like:

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Super Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Fox 64
Pilot Wings
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye

and a few others will support these exciting features. He also stated that Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and the Mario Party games have been reworked for online play. After announcing these exciting features he then showed a few samples of what the Revolution's GUI would look like:

nrevinterface1.jpg

nrevinterface2.jpg

nrevinterface3.jpg

nrevinterface4.jpg

nrevinterface5.jpg

The first video clip of Resident Evil 5 showed what looked like a small village in Africa. It was night time and Chris Redfield was heading into what looked like a graveyard then eventually a forest path. The game looked very dark and scary. The fog effects where simply amazing and the (where guessing zombies) looked photo realistic coming through the fog. At the end of the video it said Co-op both online and offline is supported. The game looked to be just as good as the original and then some.

A small clip of Zelda Online then popped up showing Link sitting at the top of a hil peering down toward the caslte market place. He watched as 5 armored knights road into the castle gates. I'm guessing they where other players. The sun was realistically setting in the background and you could hear some errie sounds coming from all around.

The next gemo showed Mario entering the castle and showing that something was wrong. The castle appeared to be ramsacked with only strange pictures hanging on the walls. The graphics where spectacular and it had true Super Mario 64 feel to it.

The next demo was a scene where Samus Aryan was running down a hall and there where at lease 15 enemies chasing after her. She jumps into her ship and flys away while launching missiles toward the building sending it ablaze. She then reentered space and flew toward a small moon colony. The moon colony looked damaged as she landed on a landing pad and then entered the base. You could see through the large windows outside onto the rocky moon surface. It looked very believing.

Another scene showed Donkey Kong swinging through a forest while Kremlins chased after. while other demos like Smash Brothers showed amazing online battles pitting up to 16 players a match. It seemed like every game had CGI quality graphics.

Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime shared his comments on online support and the gaming experience.

Next fall when gamers pick up their Nintendo ON and log onto Nintendo World for the first time, Gamers will be treated to many surprises. We have taken the features that made Microsoft's Xbox Live so popular and expanded upon them. With the new camera technology we will actually be able to scan your face and place it onto game world characters. Imagine playing Zelda online and being able to see other members walking around and knowing what they actually look like. You will feel as if you are really there with them. The Panoramic screen technology will ensure absoluted immersion and the camera technology will open up a whole new world of possibilities. Online will be free for everyone right out of the box. Almost every launch title will have some form of multi player. Imagine playing Resident Evil 5 with your buddies working together. This will now be possible and with the immesion you get with the Nintendo ON Visor it will put a new meaning for the word "Scary".

We have partnered with top leading developers like Namco, Retro, Square Enix, and many more to deliver the best possible gaming experience. Nintendo is going to reinvent the videogame as they did in the mid 80's. We are cofident that this generation will be in our favor. Miyamoto is hard at work on making Zelda Online. You will be able to team up with your buddies to explore challenging dungeons, dark forest's, caves, etc to save Zelda and defeat Ganondorf and the best part is that online play will be 100% free for everyone.

You will also be able to hook your ON Visor to your PC to be able to play PC games on the Visor. This expands the library of games to in the thousands. Now games like Doom 3, Half-Life 2, F.E.A.R, and more can all be played on our system. We want the user to have the best possible experience that they can have without paying hefty prices.

Today we have shown you only a sample of what's in store for Nintendo's next generation game machine. Next month to celebrate the launch of Microsoft's game console we will have a massive media blowout which will show even more in-game footage of the games in developement for the ON as well as new and exciting information. Thank You and enjoy the rest of the show,

During the press conference Miyamoto allowed a volunteer to try the ON for a half hour. The 18 year old kid went head to head with Miyamoto in multi player with Metroid Prime 3. The audience was able to watch what they where seeing on the large display screen above the stand. After they where done the teenageer -Smilling With Excitement- made his way back to his seat. The audience was full of excitement as the entire display was nothing short from amazing. No one could have imagined Nintendo developing the technology in both the system and the software that was shown today at Spaceworld. After seeing all of this I no longer have any care for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3. Nintendo is out to rule the world and from what I can tell thats exactly what they are going to do. Below are some screens of Nintendo's system in action:

I never knew Mario could look so awesome:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/Kschreck19/ON3.jpg[img]

[b]Beautiful Xenias:[/b]
[img]http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1480/1168/1600/Xenias-2.jpg

Smash Brothers BABY:
ssbrev_ba1.jpg

Kid Icarus Is All Grown Up:
Icarus-poster.jpg

There will be more pics coming. We will have LOTS and LOTS more information regarding Nintendo's Revolution as soon as more details become available. Are you ON?

Icarusintel said:
wtf is this? isn;t nintendo on just some fanboy wetdream or something?

I think it is, I don't see how current tech can pull this off

On a side note, anyone know the name of the music at the start of that video clip?

Apparenly you guys missed the intro to my post...

The following post is what ME as a Nintendo fan would like to see for a next generation game system. The videos and pictures displayed below are all fan mockups and is no indication of what Nintendo's next gen system will be like.

Kschreck said:
Apparenly you guys missed the intro to my post...

Just to be clear as I'm very tried. None of your original post is real?

None of is true. It's all a collection of fan works. I made up the story as if I was a writer reviewing what I saw at Spaceworld. It only took me about 20 minutes to write that.

Am I the only one that thinks the Nintendo ON looks like a terrible idea? Virtual reality headsets may be cool in theory, but I can't exactly see myself stumbling across my house, knocking over furniture and tripping over my dog, pretending to shoot Metroids. Give me a comfortable chair, a huge HDTV, and a controller with a nice variety of buttons, and I'm happy.

On the other hand, those concept menu screens look very, very, nice, and I wish Nintendo could understand the finer points of graphic design half as well as these random people on the internet with way too much time on their hands.

Narcolepsy said:
Am I the only one that thinks the Nintendo ON looks like a terrible idea? Virtual reality headsets may be cool in theory, but I can't exactly see myself stumbling across my house, knocking over furniture and tripping over my dog, pretending to shoot Metroids. Give me a comfortable chair, a huge HDTV, and a controller with a nice variety of buttons, and I'm happy.

On the other hand, those concept menu screens look very, very, nice, and I wish Nintendo could understand the finer points of graphic design half as well as these random people on the internet with way too much time on their hands.

Who says you have to move while in a head set? you can still have a controller to go with it you know...

Kschreck said:
None of is true. It's all a collection of fan works. I made up the story as if I was a writer reviewing what I saw at Spaceworld. It only took me about 20 minutes to write that.

Do you know if that music track is downloadable?
Also is there a other games confence(?) soon?

I too would like that to be their new next gen console but I think we are asking a bit too much from nintendo. And your op was very nice even if it was false

GhostBoi said:
Who says you have to move while in a head set? you can still have a controller to go with it you know...
Okay, so I was exaggerating about stumbling around the house, but even so, the headset with the combination of those gyroscopic controls requires a lot of motion on the part of the user. I'm guessing that the hypothetical user must move their head back and forth in addition to moving their arms animatedly to take advantage of the motion sensing tech. It would be very hard to do this while sitting down - possible, but clumsy and just not fun. So, you'd have to stand up, which doesn't seem too enjoyable to me.

Narcolepsy said:
Okay, so I was exaggerating about stumbling around the house, but even so, the headset with the combination of those gyroscopic controls requires a lot of motion on the part of the user. I'm guessing that the hypothetical user must move their head back and forth in addition to moving their arms animatedly to take advantage of the motion sensing tech. It would be very hard to do this while sitting down - possible, but clumsy and just not fun. So, you'd have to stand up, which doesn't seem too enjoyable to me.

At least you get some exercise while playing

Kschreck said:

It is a very nice post- some great pics there and well written. I just hope Nintendo doesn't disappoint everyone...

The music in the ON video was from the movie "The Rundown" starring the Rock. It is actually a combination of a couple songs. You can check out the album on Amazon.

As for the folks who say that an ON visor is impossible:

http://www.emagin.com/3dvisor/index.htm

There you go. That Visor has panoramic screens, surround sound, 360 Degree head tracking, good resolution, ETC!

I only have to say that the music section will probably never happen, Nintendo will never release a Metroid game at launch (every Nintendo system always launches with a Mario game), I dunno about Xenias (it seems too much like following the bandwagon), but the other stuff seems likely (the virtual reality headsets are promising, Nintendo=innovation).

The thing is all this hype about the Nintendo on from E3, anyone remember the threads back then? And now makes me wonder if I will be disappointed with the real console when full details about it emerge because it won’t be this.

Back