What I'm really gonna miss in CS:S...

ZEROarmy

Spy
Reaction score
....That classic, yet completely unrealistic, backflip your enemy does when you get that perfect headshot on them! :sniper: With that trial of blood too spewing from their noggin. hehe.

Deaths look terrible in CS:S. Yeah, they fall over realistically, but don't DIE realistically. Combining death animations with physics would be great. At least the blood looks nice.

ZEROarmy said:
....That classic, yet completely unrealistic, backflip your enemy does when you get that perfect headshot on them! :sniper: With that trial of blood too spewing from their noggin. hehe.

Deaths look terrible in CS:S. Yeah, they fall over realistically, but don't DIE realistically. Combining death animations with physics would be great. At least the blood looks nice.

How people die in Holywood blockbusters isn't the same thing as how people die in real life.

CS:S looks pretty good in the death respect, you lose all motor functions when you get shot to the point of your heart ceasing to beat, hence ragdolling. Besides, we haven't seen very detailed footage of someone being killed

On second though, the shock alone would make most of your motor skills go out the window..

although I agree, death animations blending would be good (as some of the deaths DO look a bit quick/rough)

ZEROarmy said:

You never know you might still see the backflip hs death. ;)

Shuzer said:
How people die in Holywood blockbusters isn't the same thing as how people die in real life.

CS:S looks pretty good in the death respect, you lose all motor functions when you get shot to the point of your heart ceasing to beat, hence ragdolling. Besides, we haven't seen very detailed footage of someone being killed

LOL, I'm not talking about a dramatic one minute long fight for life. ahah.

What I'd like to see to make deaths semi-believable:
1) Quick half second grabing of chest (or wound if possible) before letting the physics take over and fall realistically.
2) Teetering for a half a second or one second before collapsing.

pssh, lol, I KNOW you want a Trinity style death! You know, impaled, and she talks for like 10 minutes..

I'm gonna miss that death animation where they drop their weapon, their hand sags down and they fall on their knees, then flat onto their face with that accompanying moan. I always thought that was hilarious.

1) Quick half second grabing of chest (or wound if possible) before letting the physics take over and fall realistically.
2) Teetering for a half a second or one second before collapsing.

i think that would be cool 2:D

Vidrio said:
has anyone seen a hs in cs:s?

There probably were some in the 23 minute video from the Korean website, but you can't see crap so oh well...

When you shoot someone in the head or anywhere for that matter you rarely see any blood come out, when you shoot someone in the head you just see the flap of skin thats been cut then after they hit the floor then that's when they start bleeding.

...not that I've ever shot anyone or anything, but I've seen vids.

Shuzer said:
On second though, the shock alone would make most of your motor skills go out the window..

although I agree, death animations blending would be good (as some of the deaths DO look a bit quick/rough)

a traumatic death such as this often causes involuntary motor reflexes such as jolting in specific direction

Hmmm, not to nit pick, but from the knowledge i've gained through my degree in physiology a shot to the heart will have no immediate affect on motor function. you wont even die straight away.. i'd say alive for at least 30 seconds. for motor function be affected, either the brain or the spinal cord would have to suffer damage. anyhoo.... cs:source is gonne be great innit...

Back