what is a good progy for modeling???

Search around this forum, there are countless other topics of the same nature that discuss the merits and disadvantages of each of the major packages. Reguardless, there really isn't a "best" program for modeling, only the program that is best for you. Try out Gmax, Maya PLE, and XSI Exp. All 3 are free and I'm sure you'll find at least one of them to your liking.

Softimage|XSI 3.5, soon to be V4. with Rigid Body Dynamics, and inside painter program in the FX|Tree. Cant go wrong with that.

didn't realize XSI was gonna have a insdie painter. will it work similar to DeepPaint?

3D Studio max 5.1 with service pack 1 :D

no problems at all

Lightwave is an extremely powerful tool, lightwave and 3ds together are the best (if you have access to them). Lightwave has a lwo>3ds convertor built in, everything you make in modeler can be easily exported. I'd say anything you feel best with, except Maya.

Just use what the "professionals" use (valve)

XSI :), and why did they move to XSI? such a move is costly, imagine how hard it hit them when they realized XSI is such a good program, outclassing everything else.... And lightwave fanboy, i used lightwave, and it is nowhere near as good as XSI. I too was a LW fanboy, until i saw the light. Come to the light my son, the light is good.:borg:

Originally posted by RMachucaA
Just use what the "professionals" use (valve)

XSI :), and why did they move to XSI?

Apparently because 3DS Max stopped being backward compatible with previous versions.

The XSI EXP has that dumb XSI wallpaper in the background everytime you try and render something.

Originally posted by Chris_D
Apparently because 3DS Max stopped being backward compatible with previous versions.

Really? That's odd, because I remember somebody once made an MD3 exporter for Max 5 and I was able to run it on Max 4... maybe its the .max format that changed or something like that...

Back