what is this thing?

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
in the oficial site of HL2 appear a litle screenshot of something that looks like a alien flying creature

Attachments

• flying alien.GIF
    flying alien.GIF
    12.8 KB · Views: 689
Those are birds... flying past the camera...

Sounds like someone needs to go out and get some air.

They're just birds. The scene is from the E3 2003 videos.

They are pterodactyls (credit for google on the spelling). Just kidding. They are birds, they appear on one of the teaser trailers for HL2.

lol, I know I am being sarcastic, but:

I think it is time to go outside when one thinks birds are "strange flying aliens..."

I guess waiting for HL2 will do it to you, lol

Actually, it looks like forced perspective. If you didn't notice that the birds flew directly infront of the camera then they'd look huge.

Greg Coomer said:
They're crows. Giant crows.

On my first pass over that my mind read "cows" , i think i need to lay off the caffeine and get some sleep :LOL:

crows just sound ugly... They didn't think singing birds would match the errie seen.

Foreshortening makes crows seem bigger. Unless you were very small, they would not, in fact, seem giant.

Synthaxx R-or said:
On my first pass over that my mind read "cows" , i think i need to lay off the caffeine and get some sleep :LOL:

Haha.. I did the exact same thing.. that make two of us. :cheers:

oh ok is someone of valve say that is a crow ok
is just that the first time I see it it dosent look like a crow to me
sorry

Hey, you are not the only latino here, this year I leeve in Mexico, crappy country if you ask me, and also they don't sell good games here, only pirated witch I refuse to buy (HL2 will be diferent thaug)

i live in mexico too and its not a crappy country... the fact is that all the other countries have the image of mexico as they see it on the movies which thats completely untrue...

Y adrian C o como sea, nomas que no vivas en nuevo leon por que voy personalmente a partirte en toda tu madre pendejo, si no te gusta mexico ya largate a la chingada y no te quejes por que como mexico no hay 2...

andrew_e1 said:
i live in mexico too and its not a crappy country... the fact is that all the other countries have the image of mexico as they see it on the movies which thats completely untrue...

Y adrian C o como sea, nomas que no vivas en nuevo leon por que voy personalmente a partirte en toda tu madre pendejo, si no te gusta mexico ya largate a la chingada y no te quejes por que como mexico no hay 2...

No, I have been to mexico on a vacation... A lot of it was pretty crappy. Don't drink the water!

PatPwnt said:
No, I have been to mexico on a vacation... A lot of it was pretty crappy. Don't drink the water!

They put something in it that makes you forget. I don't even remember how I got here!

Greg Coomer said:

Giant as in mutated alien crows from outer space? Do they shoot lazarzzz from their eyes? Can they destroy cities with their flaming breath?

Keiko said:
They put something in it that makes you forget. I don't even remember how I got here!

Knew someone would say that...

This must be the most pointless discussion so far...well, never mind. Wouldn't be cool with Earth animals too, like a dog. Hey, what if it meets a headcrab. Or a Houndeye from the first game. :naughty:

Dude go back to your siesta, and if you come here to start flaming people why dont you go and cross the border or something, pendejo, or what-ever

apoyo a andrew_e1
si a Adrien C no le gusta mexico porque no vuelve a su pais?
que guevon y cabron es ese gringo Adrien C

hey greg (i never said "hey" to anyone from valve)

Greg Coomer said:

Hmm, giant from eating all the headcrabbed bodies before they are able to walk - like in the docks video?

/me nods sagely and strokes his beard

I'm not going to get started.
I don't know why you think that Mexico is the greatest country in the world all I said that it was crap. Can't you just admit the truth.

I just say that stop ofending hin
you will like that someone here starts to ofend your country?

hahaha you idiot, you dont even know spanish, i didnt say mexico was the best country, i didnt say it was crap, all i said was that if you dont like it then go back to yours...

and the other dude that said things about the water, well see whose water youll be drinking when you get bombed/gassed...cause we all know whats happening right now :|

however...just let the topic die right here, no need for a flame war.

OMFG GIANT COWS! There's gonna be GIANT FLYING GOWS
MOOWS
*weeeeeeeeeee*

That's like Super Mario Bros with the flying mushrooms en turtles! Wait, that's it, that's how you kill a strider. Ya jump on it's head. And then it falls of the map upside down.

/serious/ : Giant because close to camera I hope....?!

I dunno why this thread was even made, if you watch the vid you can hear not only the flutter of wings, but some crows as well, so badaboom.

Back