What is your favourite music gere?

ringoSTAR

Headcrab
Reaction score
Explain why you like the genre if it's possible!

To start, I like Trance music, but currently I'm into rock and heavy metal just for change.

Reason - my friends who were always older than me, back then in the days when we were hanging around.

Cheers folks, hope to see some interesting posts. :)

accepting the stratification of 'taste' that modern digital music consumption and cultural collusion suggest, whether it's an algorithm or one of those bizarre things that happens when you talk to people and your ideas influence one another, is a terrifying thing to happen.
It's fun, and real, and honest, and good to just like things - to not be defined by which club or group or notional sect you belong to. It's awesome to listen to the music that you like because you like it, not because it's Detroit house, or Delta blues, or gospel, or Kuduro, or proper original Dutch Bubbling 78's.
Tonight I played a lot of summery, humid dub and reggae music at the bar where I work, and then we closed down the bar where I work and I played a lot of modern guitar music, and then some modern hip-hop off-shoot stuff, and then we went to a small warehouse in an empty part of the city and saw Seven Davis Jr. play a bunch of tech house, and UK funky, and man lemme tell you, there's a lot of music that exists! Probably a lot of it is great, and some of it you can easily say you like and the sun's coming up over the hills so that's probably the end of this post

genres are masturbation, i listen to all sorts of music

It's not the genre, its the musicians. I like a couple Rap artists, but it doesn't mean I'll listen to any Rap and enjoy myself. And its the same for every genre. When I listen to music I like, its not the genre that makes me like it.

So yeah, my tastes are all over the place in as many genres as exist basically.

Ohh let me tell you about this :D
I used to love Heavy Metal back in time ( when i was 14 till about 29), Metallica is the only band i actually love till today.
I try to listen black,death, and evrey other crap genre metal related coz i though i was being a bad ass. But i didn't realize that this was just harming me.
I got depressed and shit like that and i couldn't figure out why. Im telling you, i change the music and my whole life changed.

Now days i just like chilled and calm music like this
Keeps me focus, calm, and going for some lounge beats when i want to have more fun :D

I listen to a lot of extremely angry metal/industrial-related stuff (notably Broken era NIN and KMFDM) but it actually enhances my mood and energizes me.

On the other hand I also listen to shitloads of chillout, ambient, psybient, idm, downtempo etc. Which is I guess my point in saying this is kind of a dumb question in the first place.

Back