What was this mod called that...

bassport

Spy
Reaction score
should start with a nuclear fallout and all had to go down in a shelter and then the story started... I think I read something about it on here somewhere but I can't remember the name. Does it exist or am I hallucinating?

Puzzlemaker said:
I have no idea. Be more specific?

I don't know anything more... the story just reminded me of hl1 and had some post apocalyptic feel to it which kinda amazed me.

Probably, the mod already vanished.

was it single player? and tell me about some of the weapons you remember

Was it NeoShock?

Insect Infestation?

Jurassic Rage?

Dystopia?

Black Mesa Source?

Zombie Master?

Are you sure it wasn't Fallout? That's not a mod, but it's the closest thing to your description.

Damn

I know the Mod you were talking about.

It was basically a Single-Player survival/thriller Mod with what sounded like a damn good story and excellent gameplay. I -think- it was after a nuclear attack of something and you're trapped in this underground location, maybe it was a post-holocaust scenario and this was the bomb-shelter. Gameplay was going to be basic SP fare but with a lot of suspense and story elaboration, with a huge amount of NPC interaction and resource scavenging. The main goal was to escape, so as you progressed you'd be told more about yourself and the background, and be introduced to both native and immigrant threats. I can't remember much more, but it sounded promising.

I, too, was really looking forward to this but I can't find trace of it via ModDB or Google. I know I have an old link on the NaturalSelection.com forums, though, so I'll dig it up once NS.com is back up.

Thanks for reminding me about this one, although its disappearing act seems discouraging :x

-Crispy- said:
I know the Mod you were talking about.
I, too, was really looking forward to this but I can't find trace of it via ModDB or Google. I know I have an old link on the NaturalSelection.com forums, though, so I'll dig it up once NS.com is back up.

That must be the place I found the link to it. I've been waiting for ns.com to come back for weeks now :|

I don't think that it's still around though you surely would've heard of it.

Thanks for your replies.

Nope, it's neither of them. It's a source mod with a whole single player story. And it's not just another cheap zombie mod (I find them rather dull and boring), it's something with a REAL story ;) :E

I do believe it was Citizen 132. Tyvm ThreeSix :)

"Citizen-132 is a creepy Single Player total conversion for Far Cry [Ed - it was also being developed for HL2]. It takes place in the high Alps of France, in a small skiing resort town called Le Berne. Le Berne, the average tourist village has had an interesting, but secret past. Even to people who have lived in the town all their lives, some of the activity that takes place within the town's borders, remains hidden to the eyes of the inhabitants. Through much research into the field of the human body, ex-government scientists and researches may have unlocked the key to human strength.

Jack Newell, your average American tourist, and his wife, happen to be in Le Berne at just the wrong time. Forced into the prisons of the ex-government agents, Jack must escape before he too becomes a Citizen."

It was featured at one point in PCGamer, but since then it seems to have vanished of the face of Mod: Earth. Their original hosting now links to another Mod: "City of Lost Dreams" a Mod (expansion pack) for Mafia. I don't know whether this is the same team doing a different project, or the same hosting with an old re-direct.

Nevertheless, it would seem that this promising Mod concept has bitten the dust.

[Edit] It would seem like I may have inadvertantly included elements of this story into Citadel Utopia (or it could be the other way round?). Regardless, it would seem that certain elements of Citizen 132's story will live on in CU, so maybe it never really dies afterall.

-Crispy- said:
I do believe it was Citizen 132. Tyvm ThreeSix :)

I'm confused now. I checked Citizen-132 out when it first got mentioned on here in the news (a long time ago) and I wasn't really excited about its concept. And I'm absolutely positive that it's NOT C-132. You seem to have outlined the story of the mod I'm talking about in your earlier post pretty accurate and it doesn't sound at all like C-132, wouldn't you think so yourself? (I'm not accusing you or anything, I just want to say that you were on the right path but it wasn't C-132 for sure)

Well C-132 was the one I thought you were talking about. Or at least, I think so. I can't remember any other Mod similar in recent times. The only thing I can think you might be thinking of is Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, but that's a game, so.

That quote I posted is dated October 3rd, 2003, when it was still a Far Cry Mod. I must say, I didn't remember the story being quite like that, so it's possible that the nuclear stuff came in a story update. At worst I hope it's just been put on the backburner, as opposed to being used to keep you warm, nuclear fallout style :p

-Crispy- said:
Well C-132 was the one I thought you were talking about.

Nope, it's not stalker either (I'm pretty sure that one's gonna take a loooong time till release anyway). But is C-132 what you were reading about on the NS forums? Because then I give up all hopes to ever find that mod again. :(

Was it NeoShock?

Insect Infestation?

Jurassic Rage?

Dystopia?

Black Mesa Source?

Zombie Master?

Yes it must be dystopia, sounds JUST like it. Obsession / fanboy much?

No wonder no one gets their news posted....sheesh

Azlan said:
Citidome? http://citadome.com/

Honestly, it could be anything, as so many mods have died off since Half-Life 2 came out.

Nope, it's not citidome. But this surely sounds very interesting! I'll be on the lookout for more news from this one.

Well the story seems pretty unique to me (underground bomb shelter, nuclear attack etc.). It didn't sound like your average boring zombie shooter and it wasn't a medieval resurrection of bad made pseudo Matrix moves. It sounded like it actually had a STORY and a sh*tload of immersion. That's what I miss these days.

I mean, why would anyone play "The hidden" any longer than perhaps 4-5 rounds? I found it quite fascinating, but I got bored pretty quick. Same thing with Zombie shoot-em-ups...

Epyon said:
Nuclear Dawn?

Hm, I googled that and I only found one informative post on a forum which says that it's multiplayer. But it seems to have a pretty nice concept. I like Natural Selection a lot and this "rts / fps" idea behind it.

Still don't think that this is it... but I'm not so sure.

Source mod?

I think I remember this one... read all of the mod like crazy, too.

Story was a underground cult, the crazed military, and civilians. (3 sides)

There was some virus in the works built to kill terrorists and such - but it wasn't complete, so they couldn't identify the strands of DNA needed to complete the virus. The building was bombed(where it was being worked on), so pretty much everyone died, and the virus spread.

The main story was the character in a bomb shelter, and they slowly began to understand things other than the virus killing everyone, like the remnants of the military, and this Cult who were supposed to "cleanse" the Earth, and what was actually happening with everyone nearly gone.

Sounded like a really awesome mod, I hope it didn't die out. :(

Forsaken. Its still going, they might be releasing the closed beta soon (!) which is awsome. Looks really good.

http://www.forsaken[REMOVE THIS!!!]-game.com/index.php

Gusdor said:
Yes it must be dystopia, sounds JUST like it. Obsession / fanboy much?

No wonder no one gets their news posted....sheesh
You've got issues kid

Puzzlemaker said:
Forsaken. Its still going, they might be releasing the closed beta soon (!) which is awsome. Looks really good.

http://www.forsaken[REMOVE THIS!!!]-game.com/index.php

Was just looking through the thread and was suprised no one else had posted that.

I believe it has the story he is looking for.

Back