What Will Happen ?

skater4evr5

Reaction score
What will happen when CS:Source comes out? Will The CS 1.6 Die down and no one will eventually play it, or just hardcore, old school cs fans??

Will you still play CS 1.6 after you get your little hands on this masterpiece of a game called cs:source? :cheers:

Im not a hardcore CS player myself, although i do play it alot, and no i probbally wont play CS 1.6 as i myself see CS:S as the next stage of Counterstrikes overall development.

There will be people that still play 1.6.

Since I just bought a new PC with some pretty nice specs, I don't tihnk I'll even look at 1.6 again..

There are people who are still playing 1.5 or earlier versions :)

But i don't, so i guess i will play source from now on. I hate the wallshots which are quite normal atm :S

but will "professional gaming" take the step?

I'm sure plenty of people will continue to play 1.6, partly because they may not be able to handle the system requirements of CS:S.

I'm sure CAL (and the rest of "professional gaming") will switch over to CS:S, eventually if not right away. Will they keep the 1.6 leagues and add CS:S, or just replace 1.6 altogether? I don't know.

/me deletes condition zero and counter strike 1.6 and drools at cs:source

pk1209 said:
* pk1209 deletes condition zero and counter strike 1.6 and drools at cs:source

That makes me wonder, can you delete games from steam? I downloaded codename Gordon and don't really want it anymore, but I can't really erase it.

I bet it will take at least a couple years for cs to die off, a lot of people don't have the capabilities to upgrade to hl2/cs:s or just simply aren't informed about the game. I can see CAL having two divisions: one for cs1.6 and one for cs:s at least for transitional time, most everyone I know actively involved in the competitive cs scene is without a doubt upgrading to cs:s. I see cs 1.6 being mostly made of those who play in de_dust 24/7 awp disabled public servers.

ThomasToad said:
I bet it will take at least a couple years for cs to die off, a lot of people don't have the capabilities to upgrade to hl2/cs:s or just simply aren't informed about the game. I can see CAL having two divisions: one for cs1.6 and one for cs:s at least for transitional time, most everyone I know actively involved in the competitive cs scene is without a doubt upgrading to cs:s. I see cs 1.6 being mostly made of those who play in de_dust 24/7 awp disabled public servers.

toad is right, but also we don't know how CS:S and CS:CZ:S and all of that stuff is going to fit in

ThomasToad said:

CS will never die. We will all be playing it in 60 years - cs uber source v134.21 photorealism edition

Back