What's the deal with the cake?

V-Man339

Space Core
Reaction score
I made this thread because noone else has.
So now I ask the question: Why is GlaDos so obsessed with cake?
Not to sound mutinous, but I'm just curios.

Have you ever HAD cake? Theres your answer :)

That's actually a reasonably good bet.

GLaDos is obviously not capable of eating anything, and its possible that her database has some information about cakes and that people enjoy them. In her naivete, she decides that everyone absolutely loves cake, all the time, and therefore thinks that it is the perfect bait to string someone along with.

GLaDos is obviously not capable of eating anything, and its possible that her database has some information about cakes and that people enjoy them. In her naivete, she decides that everyone absolutely loves cake, all the time, and therefore thinks that it is the perfect bait to string someone along with.
That... actually makes perfect sense.

good call. Doesn't one of her computer eyes say ingredients to cake at the end?

Cake > Pie

wrong.

Ive asked the same thing myself...i mean, you can take a screenshot at any point in the final chamber and you will see a cake of some sort...

obscure reference...

Battlefield Earth when John Travolta thinks humans like eating rats because that is what they saw them eat, even know that was all they COULD eat

I used to think that pie was better than cake, but after portal, my opinion has changed.
By the way, It could have been ANYTHING else, and worked. But Cake is something that most of us enjoy. So, for the unwary traveler you got portal with no prior knowledge, "OMG CAKE!" is the answer. There is a reward at the end.
A goal. Otherwise, the only goal would be completeing the courses. Which is boring. But cake as a goal is much more.. interesting.

Well its like Pie...and that stupid WOrld Of Warcraft fase of Chuck Norris. Its pointless, but funny.

For a while....

The cake is a lie....

cake is the ultimate reward, Glados wouldnt be able to comprehend a human not wanting cake.

Back