Where do I get steam?

D

Dustinpn

there's obviously a client people are using that arent in beta, where do i get it?

Have a look through the forum m8 the link is about some were :)

Welcome to the forums by the way ;)

it says on gamershell that steam has been maxed out or something (announcement from valve??). Does this mean that people can't join steam until they sort out the problem. I seem to think that this is old news and doesn't apply any more, considering it hasnt really been mentioned at all.

Steam got maxed out when CS 1.6 Beta was first released, in the end they stopped allowing people to sign-up and get the content.

Since the demand has gone down, the service has been running fine, but as you have *guessed* since all of the speculation that Valve are to release the High-Res Demo the demand has shot through the floor again [sigh].

So it doesn't surprise me at all!

a Bad Idea(TM)

Originally posted by b0yce
Steam got maxed out when CS 1.6 Beta was first released, in the end they stopped allowing people to sign-up and get the content.

Since the demand has gone down, the service has been running fine, but as you have *guessed* since all of the speculation that Valve are to release the High-Res Demo the demand has shot through the floor again [sigh].

So it doesn't surprise me at all!

So, every time some now demo, patch, enhancement, etc. comes out, the delivery mechanism will crumble?

Sounds to me like "steam" is a woefully inadequate platform, and a Bad Idea(TM) .

Come on, valve, you can do better than this.

my $0.02

Re: a Bad Idea(TM)

Originally posted by DeBaan
So, every time some now demo, patch, enhancement, etc. comes out, the delivery mechanism will crumble?

Sounds to me like "steam" is a woefully inadequate platform, and a Bad Idea(TM) .

Come on, valve, you can do better than this.

my $0.02

It wont crumble but when the update is released there can be a quite slow download so you have to wait but otherwise Steam is quite ok when you get it running.

Back