Which one are you?

"Boo hoo, I'm an artist, I need repetitive praise from youtube to validate the quality of my work!"

"Boo hoo, I'm an artist, I need repetitive praise from youtube to validate the quality of my work!"

You have probably never created any type of art before, so you have no idea what you're talking about.. It's the same as displaying you're art in a museum, or playing in front of an audience, or acting in a movie. Using your logic, every artist should just sit in a room somewhere and just sit and wait until they become good at what they do. You need practise and criticism, so you can improve on what you need to improve upon.

Dog said:
*Words and shit*

I don't think I ever implied that an artist shouldn't practice their craft, nor did I imply that artists shouldn't try to get feedback (I find it pretty ironic that you used the word criticism).

Also, you might take notice of the fact that I'm just kidding around, and you should chill out.

My bad, text doesn't convey sarcasm well.

Wasn't quite sarcastic, just think taking youtube comments as a very serious form of feedback is funny. Never intended to undermine your work or anything.

I'm with Sheepo on this one. I HATE HATE HATE "great job!" comments. They're stupid nothings and dont mean shit to anyone who isnt shallow and looking for validation that they didnt just waste their time and everyone else's. Its the main reason I avoid posting any of my work online, because I wouldn't be able to stand the pussy ass artwanted / deviantart / zbrushcentral / youtube suckup jizzfest that would happen over my mediocre work.

I mean, click the link to this video, skip to the end result, and then read the comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gcUAV3DFtQ

****ing suck my cock you-easy-to-impress nimwits.

Oh wow that's ****ing great, must've taken a lot of work. Good job.

Back