Why I'm Excited To Own A Playstation 3! (56k warning)

Thats not horrible though consider how much more $$ you make. You might sell 5x less but it's ok if your making 6x more.

ah but you're not taking "diminishing returns" into consideration: if the first episode didnt sell well, you can bet the second one wont sell as much or the third, fourth, fifth etc

I don't think it matters if games are multi format. These titles are certainly a good reason to own a PS3.

Perhaps the poster hasn't an uber pc that can run some of the games well, or maybe they prefer playing on a console (i'd much rather be playing GTA or Assassins Creed on a ps3/360 for example)

Again I would like to know how someone can prefer to play something on a console instead of a pc. When you can do everything on a pc that you can do with a console. I mean yes I understand theres a lot of good games that cant be played on the pc, but if you have a choice I dont understand the "Id rather play the game on my console" comments.

Anyone with common sence can get a gamepad configed very easily, and you have tons more choices. They have wireless game pads, and adapters to use most console pads, including the 360 now. Most video cards that have been released in recent years have a out you can use to run to your TV. It might be a little more work getting up, but the experience could be the same as playing your console, for anyone wanting to.

very nice, thanks for that
although, i thought heavy rain was a Wii title
anyways, PS3 is definately gonna be my first next gen console :)

Again I would like to know how someone can prefer to play something on a console instead of a pc. When you can do everything on a pc that you can do with a console. I mean yes I understand theres a lot of good games that cant be played on the pc, but if you have a choice I dont understand the "Id rather play the game on my console" comments.

Anyone with common sence can get a gamepad configed very easily, and you have tons more choices. They have wireless game pads, and adapters to use most console pads, including the 360 now. Most video cards that have been released in recent years have a out you can use to run to your TV. It might be a little more work getting up, but the experience could be the same as playing your console, for anyone wanting to.
Because nothing beats a console when it comes to simplicity. You buy the game, you put the disc in, you play the game. No upgrades, no drivers, (usually) no patches, and it will run without problems on the hardware it was designed for. If you have a choice, why would you put up the pain-in-the-butt that PCs can be?

Because nothing beats a console when it comes to simplicity. You buy the game, you put the disc in, you play the game. No upgrades, no drivers, (usually) no patches, and it will run without problems on the hardware it was designed for. If you have a choice, why would you put up the pain-in-the-butt that PCs can be?
Yeah, that is a nice advantage. Plus playing a console with friends is more sociable than playing multiplayer games online or at a LAN. Quite often when I go over to a friends house for a LAN (5-10 ppl) we end up playing MP console games instead.

For me, just having MODs will always one-up PCs to consoles.
the only mod that ever really caught me was Counter Strike. Beyond that, there is really no advantage to me in having a modding community except to train future developers.

The main factor for me is the price of PC hardware, seriously it's a never-ending chain of hardware followed by increased cost with each new release. Hardware get's outdated quickly and on top of that, few dev's have 'optimization' in their priority list nowadays.

The biggest upside of PC is obviously it's ability to do more than just play games, but PC gaming (well, gaming in general too now), is a pretty expensive hobby to keep up with and it's kind of turned me off of it (at least for now).

pc games are rarely designed to be played with a pad. It doesn't matter which pad you buy, or what calibration software you use, the result is usually quite poor in comparison.

I'm not a fan of outputting pc games to the tele either, mainly due to the hassle of messing around with wires before and after. This also requires your pc and tv to be close together. 2-4 player gaming just isn't feasible either.

So, more hassle and not as suited to games that work better on a pad.

Has anyone pointed out that no one actually owns a Playstation 3 yet?

I think I just did.
Yes, but why? Everyone knows they aren't out yet and the thread title doesn't need to have any other modifiers on it--it stands alone just fine.

These games, for the most part, do look quite amazing though. :)

It was actually just a hit to people who have to attack everything, but I didn't make my posts obvious enough.

Back