Why Lamespy should FIRE Fragmaster !

Status
Not open for further replies.
but that blue text is gay :/ i used to hate fragmaster 2. i thought he was spinnin lies against Valve with the release date, but he turned out to be correct. so i have a little respect for him coz he told us the truth :/

Originally posted by Nosferatu
I agree, Fragmaster has turned PHL to shit. It's turning into CSN, ugh. The comment a few days ago by a VALVE programmer was right on the money... something to the effect of: "PHL is the Fox News of the gaming news scene". :LOL: it's funny because it's true.

Umm.. wasn't a VALVe coder, it was a comment from Autolycus, from VERC, over at the VERC forums..

But yeah, as a news site, wether that be general HL-community news or HL2 specific, PHL is about the last place you want to be.. And I DO agree the quality of stuff on there used to be better.. But that was ages ago..
Luckily for us there's tons of other sites which ar more approachable and have more info then PHL (this one here, shacknews, bluesnews, the collective, TWHL, etc..) so it shouldn't be all that hard to totally ignore the ones you DON'T like.. (yeah, that's a hint :p)

to Dirty; you DO know that this thread actually helps keeping FM in the saddle doncha? since for every five peeps who read your post at least 2.5 are going to check wether FM is trulty such a :x, effectively raising his unique hits/visitors and reassuring his position.. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention... :cheese:

_____
Cray

Dirty little kiddies,

phl & fragmaster have made a REALLY good job since many years. Even when Half-Life 1 was not so popular, there wer ALWAYS actual and good news on the page.
And now there come some Community noobs around the corner and want to fire him - pah!

lol Fragmaster is the only Hl fansite owner that has the jacobs not to kiss valve ass constantly

Originally posted by SYNDROM
Dirty little kiddies,

phl & fragmaster have made a REALLY good job since many years. Even when Half-Life 1 was not so popular, there wer ALWAYS actual and good news on the page.
And now there come some Community noobs around the corner and want to fire him - pah!

My point is the good job that was done for many years was done by Jon McClellan and Lady Ice. Fragdick has only been there for less than a year, and has alienated the key members of the community and driven many mappers and hosted sites away.

lol Fragmaster is the only Hl fansite owner that has the jacobs not to kiss valve ass constantly

Fragdick is not a fansite owner. Lamespy is the owner, and Fragdick is their slave. His "jacobs" as you are apparently referring to missing parts of his anatomy, have nothing to do with the fans, or providing a community service. He has singlehandedly turned PHL into a garbage site, and should be ashamed of himself.

I say this irrespective of anything about HL2 or Valve's screw-ups. There is nothing original there anymore, because he has been cut off from all the useful sources of information because of his abuses and incompetence.

What you see on his personal PHL Blog website, happily hosted by Lamespy is nothing more than various "Ego-Tantrums" such as this latest one trying to get even with Valve. He is extremely jealous and upset about great sites like this which have become more popular, and are fortunately replacing PHL.

Everyone knows it used to be good years ago. Now it is Lamespy's laughing stock of the HL Community. Beware going there without pop-up blockers. After you leave that Ad & Spyware infested site, go and run SpyBot, and see what spyware invasive crap it puts on your computer.

Originally posted by ComCray
Umm.. wasn't a VALVe coder, it was a comment from Autolycus, from VERC, over at the VERC forums..

Oops, I misread
Valve's Community & Developer Liaison

But still, doesn't change the fact that his comment was dead on. :E

I love Fragmaster. Presuming he's the same Fragmaster that posts on SA.

Originally posted by Dirty_Harry
Yeah, if you look at how PHL used to be run by Jon "JEH" McClellan, and his wife LadyIce before Fragdick came back, it was respected by the community, and had useful updates. For me this has little to do with defending Valve. It is just more of Fragdick's ego-tantrum.

Yes, PHL is now incompetently run. They used to host many mapper's and map review sites. They had regular map and mod reviews, posted useful updates on important community events, etc. Some that come to mind which left or ended under Fragdick's leadership are Snarkpit.com, Lambda Maps, Weldon, DocRock, Manson, Level of the Week, etc. etc.

They used to pay attention mainly to non-counterstrike issues, since no way in hell do CS players use such an irrelevant, ad & spyware infested site. CS has always had their own sites, as it should be.

The fact of the matter is that Fragdick and Jabberblabber have HUGE egos and are EXTREMELY PISSED OFF that this much better, and much more popular HalfLife2.net site was opened, and is actively supported by Valve, and many other well connected people.

The schoolgirl flaming/sniping posts that Fragdick is doing is directly related to PHL not being invited to the party (thank God)! Certainly Valve is not an innocent party here, but if you are trying to support the HL2 community, you don't run around the forums and publish main page shit consistently, and alienate the game developers.

Valve does not owe anyone anything about HL2. It is their company. It is their game. They have their way of handling their company, and if they are more focussed on product development than posting updates on dumbass sites like PHL, that is their perogative.

HalfLife2.net seems to understand that, and as such, will replace the nearly irrelevant PHL.

If I was Sal Sluggo or some other Honcho at Lamespy, I would fire Fragdick and his sidekick JabberBlabber. They have driven a once good website into the toilet, and should be ashamed. The obviously jaded attitude that Fragdick & JabberBlabber regularly display in their posts are why PHL has become the National Lampoon of the HL Community.
I have some important info for you

CALM DOWN

it doesn't matter he's doing his job, just because he has his own views about the HL2 delay, and isn't kissing VALVe's ass for their doing a good job... or lack thereof.
Doesn't make him a bad guy.
You're just pissed and offended because everyone isn't kissing gabe newell's fat greasy ass

You're so mature Dirty_Harry. Calling Fragmaster names is certianly not helping your cause. I'd rather believe what he has to say then rabid HL fanbois like you.

I am waiting until geforce 170 comes out and Then I will buy my opticon 2600gighert cpu with my ultra sleek 1 once laptop from dell's outerspace division located on the far side of the moon.

By then the 18th decendent of gabe newell will release Half-life2 and I can try his stuff out.

you people just hate fragmaster because he has been right about everything. calling him a dick doesnt make him any less right.

I go to PHL when I want to hear someone tell it like it is. I come here when I want to hear ass-kissing.

kids prefer trash and fun news (PHL) instead of serious and reliable news (hl2.net)

Originally posted by themaestro
I dislike people like these guy, to whom valve can do no wrong. HL2 is there game, but that dosent mean It's ok to meslead people like they did. Many people bought $300 video cards because HL2 was about to come out. I was ALMOST one of them. Lying to your costumers like that is plain wrong. I salute fragmaster for running one of the few websites who can critize valve when they do something wrong.

agreed.

Originally posted by Gamera
Nobody lied to anybody.

september

"the games nearly gold and we will make it for the 30th, so go out and buy upgrades for your computers"

sept 24th

"oh well it turns out we need to do some language stuff and no half life 2 till the holidays"

October 4th (?)

"weve been hacked a month ago we are no where near finished and you wont get half life till april 2004"

Soon after that

"oh there wrong half life will be out for the holidays"

now your saying none of that means valve lied?

aye i smell sh*te

Originally posted by Dougy
september

"the games nearly gold and we will make it for the 30th, so go out and buy upgrades for your computers"

sept 24th

"oh well it turns out we need to do some language stuff and no half life 2 till the holidays"

October 4th (?)

"weve been hacked a month ago we are no where near finished and you wont get half life till april 2004"

Soon after that

"oh there wrong half life will be out for the holidays"

now your saying none of that means valve lied?

aye i smell sh*te

Valve suspect they were hacked a while before the 30th, cautiously they wait and see, eventually they decide to postpone like the release of most big games in all of history because they know network correction is now necessary if the leak goes public. In doing this they are saving your computer from severe hacker attacks.

Nobody ever said HL2 was nowhere near completion, anybody who knows anything about software development would know that, all the alpha leaked stuff was completely meaningless as I've covered half a dozen times on this board.

Valve never said April 2004, statements to that nature were withdrawn and were not made by Valve. Vivendi accadently slipped up, but corrected that. Nobody ever lied to anybody. Quite shockingly, game developers do not live to **** you off.

planethalflife is the only fan site that doesn't gobble up everything that valve says like it's coming strait from heaven.

Let's see this is now about the 10th time I have said this same point. This is what happens when an adult talks to the 10 & 12 year olds who love the PHL sandbox.

My thread was not started because of Fragdick criticizing Valve. I am just as pissed at how Valve has handled this whole thing, and am not the least bit interested in kissing Valve, Gabe's, or any male homosexual ass.

My entire point is that PHL used to be a great site, and over the last year, it has turned into a kiddie sandbox. It has now become a personal blog for an insecure, ego-driven Fragdick, and his worthless sidekick, JabberBlabber.

The information that PHL posts is not original, it is all links to other original sites that posted it, because no one talks to the PHL morons. Go back and see how much of their comments are original.

Go back and find all the new hosted sites that PHL has gotten over the last year. Go back and check your computer for spy ware before, and after you visit their site. Go back and click on the barrage of bullshit they force you to deal with before getting to their site. Go back to PHL without your pop-up blocker.

After you have done your homework, then come back here and defend them some more.

Fragdick did not expose the truth about Valve's f*ck-up with the HL2 release, they linked or re-quoted sites that had the original information. Go back and check their old news and see for yourself. These are the facts because no one other than you 10-12 year olds will talk to Fragdick or their obnoxious staff anymore.

That is why they should be fired.

You are calling us children when you refer to Fragmaster as "Fagdick"?

LOL, get over yourself. Fragmaster has done more for the community then you ever will and he is cetianly more mature then you.

And like everyone else has said. If you don't like PHL, don't go their. Simple.

Riiight. Go read through the articles I've posted at HL2Files (I'm the administrator, thus why I'm posting to this) and tell me where I've "kissed" VALVe's ass. The difference between us and PHL is that I don't post a rumor I heard from some 13 year old that visited EBGames and got a release date off 'em. I tend to prefer facts.

planethalflife is the only fan site that doesn't gobble up everything that valve says like it's coming strait from heaven.
As I've pointed out before, I'm a natural skeptic. There's no "gobbling" at HL2Files.

I think what irritated people lately about Fragmaster was how he seemed to be rooting for a HL2 delay rather than hoping it wouldn't be true. Then again, people could just hate his name. Who knows.

When did he post any unsubstantiated rumors?
How about today?
It's difficult for us to confirm this, but apparently "Anonymous Leaker" has leaked the source for the levels in Half-Life 2. If this is true, we're assuming these are the uncompiled, editable versions of maps. We're not sure if they're still .RMF's. Again, we cannot confirm this news because we refuse to download any stolen HL2 content.
Even Frag realizes this is thin "news" if you read his comment at the end of the article.
eWeek On HL2 Source Leak
10/4/2003 14:49 PST | Half-Life 2 | by redef
Another HL2 source leak article can be found at eWeek. Their article mentions how security flaws within Microsoft software may be to blame.
Not rumor, but pointless speculation.
Now, more bad news: it's possible that more than just the source code leaked, although this is just unsubstantiated rumor at this point.
Hey, look, Parabellum, he even used the exact phrase 'unsubstantiated rumor.' And this is just the bit that I could be bothered looking up. Their archive doesn't go into August, so I can't get the really good stuff.

This doesn't even include the news PHL just plain gets wrong because I'll be here for much longer than I want to pointing all that out. You guys saying PHL has been 100 percent right need to re-read through the PHL archives sometime.

Originally posted by WARLORD
kids prefer trash and fun news (PHL) instead of serious and reliable news (hl2.net)

HL2.net gets updated once a week...PHL gets 3+ more news updates a day. Most isnt HL2 releated - but who cares. Its prolly some other good news about a mod or program or his funny flashes(HEHE)

I seriously think most you guys are a bunch of freaks/geeks who worry about 1 person on 1 website, If you really care about it that much again, dont visit the site and second - *drum roll please* Get a life.

Fragmaster posts a ton of news and ever since that guy from valve said stuff about this posts all the geeks followed Valve after they got done reporting everyone to valve downloading Hl2. "Yea Fragmaster is a FAG!!!"....

To the nerds: Please stop wasting your time - Even though you have no life, no social life, please stop sending in people who download HL because Valve does not care. and Please stop taking Valve's side. View the both sides first and then judge i know most of you havnt.. When you got home from PC Tutorials you go on PHL --- PHL: HL2 source Leaked | Geek: "OMGZ))))RRR!!!!!111 PHUCKING H4xXXX))RS!!!< I HATE HACKS"

Actually, people have been criticizing Frag for quite some time, but that's beside the point. I check PHL regularly and they're fine for a general news update now and then. Almost any top HL2 fansite will provide you with more news however, and HL2Files is one of the few that keeps it accurate as does HL2.net.

In case you're wondering, Crax, HL2Files generally has a minimum of 3 stories a day and quite a bit more- and that's just with me handling all the news personally at the moment.

PHL is great for finding a Picture of the Day though. :bounce:

The news on HL2files are pretty useless(i just checked) I only found about 5 good news posts. HL2.net has good news, never updated.

Originally posted by Vanthem
It's difficult for us to confirm this, but apparently "Anonymous Leaker" has leaked the source for the levels in Half-Life 2. If this is true, we're assuming these are the uncompiled, editable versions of maps. We're not sure if they're still .RMF's. Again, we cannot confirm this news because we refuse to download any stolen HL2 content.
It's his job to report news, and considering how many people didn't believe the beta was also stolen, he is within his rights to post news such as that. He is giving a disclaimer, so what's your problem? Keeping silent on this issue won't make it go away. For all we know, it could be true.

eWeek On HL2 Source Leak
10/4/2003 14:49 PST | Half-Life 2 | by redef
Another HL2 source leak article can be found at eWeek. Their article mentions how security flaws within Microsoft software may be to blame.
He's posting about a news article on another website. How is this pointless speculation on his part? Take it up with eWeek.

Now, more bad news: it's possible that more than just the source code leaked, although this is just unsubstantiated rumor at this point.
Geez, can't you read? He's not claiming that all this is true. He is reporting news from around the web. He is not saying this is all true. I don't think you understand what a news page is suppose to be.

I can read, obviously you're having a little trouble though. You asked when he posted unsubstantiated rumor - I gave you an example. Adding at the end that it is such doesn't change anything.

A news page is meant to inform, not to lead people on a speculation ride that does nothing but leave them more confused. Reporting facts is another matter.

Just for the record, I don't care what Fragmaster posts at PHL and I'm not sayin' he ought to be fired. But lofting Fragmaster up as some kind of champion is a tiny bit funny.

EDIT: I should add, btw, that judging by the latest poll, HL2Files will probably start reporting the same things I don't like to see being reported at PHL. Wheee...

Dirty_Harry, I find it very inappropriate of you to be calling FragMaster "FragDick". I mean, come on, "FagMaster" is WAY better. :cool:

Originally posted by Vanthem

Just for the record, I don't care what Fragmaster posts at PHL and I'm not sayin' he ought to be fired. But lofting Fragmaster up as some kind of champion is a tiny bit funny.

So is taking advantage of this thread to shamelessly plug your site with each and every post.
:dozey: :cheese:

*giggles*

How'd I know that was coming..

If that was the case, Blu, there'd be a lot more "plug" comments, believe me. I don't need to plug the site, it does quite nicely on its own, but I'm not going to lay down when i see some less than informed slam posted against it (albeit indirectly). Nice try though.

1. You're psychic

2. Hey I didn't say it was bad...it's smart. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back