Why the hecu doesnt attack the scientist in opposing force?

Bronedo

Sandvich
Reaction score
I have that in mind

Btw , i am not a english speaker - so forgive me please

(First thread and post) :v

Why the hecu does attack the scientist in half life?

• Agree
Reactions: MFL
I think Adrian Shephard and his squad kinda went rogue and decided to cooperate with the scientists when they realized what's going on in Black Mesa and that they should work together to eliminate the greater threat (the Xen/Race X aliens).

HECU was sent to 'silence' the scientists and kill everyone there and just nuke the entire place. Act like it never happened.

Adrian (the player) had a conscious and didn't want to kill any of them and just defeat the alien invasion.

Adrian (the player) had a conscious and didn't want to kill any of them and just defeat the alien invasion.

Sorry, but I (the player) killed lots of scientists during my mission. I was just doing my job...

Shephard gets separated from his unit before he receives any orders at the beginning of the game. He was never tasked to eliminate the civilians. The soldiers in Opposing Force attack and kill the civilians when placed in a custom map. They never appear in the same room in the game.

I'll add this as a fun fact of sorts;

Many HECU soldiers didn't knew that they were to kill scientists and what their mission really was about. Also, presumably all of them didn't actually knew who employed them, but some believed it was the government. -

"Yeah, what the hell is that all about? Throwin' our asses in this hunk of junk and not even tellin' us what we're goin' in for, man."

"I didn't sign on for this shit. Monsters, sure, but civilians? Who ordered this operation anyway ?"

"Government cover ups were not in my job description"

"Do you have any idea who's in charge of this operation? "

Sorry, but I (the player) killed lots of scientists during my mission. I was just doing my job...

The game literally starts out with you being saved by scientists and you are supposed to not kill them and want to help them out. You can kill them but that just means you're not getting it.

Shephard gets separated from his unit before he receives any orders at the beginning of the game. He was never tasked to eliminate the civilians. The soldiers in Opposing Force attack and kill the civilians when placed in a custom map. They never appear in the same room in the game.

There's at leat one spot wher you can finagle a scientist in range of some grunts and they'll shoot at him. (It's a part in an office area where there's a sctientist in a maintenance tunnel. If you lead him to the end wher you climb out, you'll encounter some grunts shortly afterwards you can lead back there.

Back