Will my PC run half-life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrazySpartan

:D Hey everyone,

I am looking forward to half-life 2 but im worried my pc wont run it, here are my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 1.2 ghz
ATI RADEON 9500 128mb
512 DDR RAM
Windows XP
Direct X 9.0c
SP2

is this enough? or will i have to consider upgrading?? (by the way i only want to be able to run the game with reasonable performace and not at high resolution etc)

Thanks very much to anyone that can help me out! :cheers:

*moved*

but yeah you'll be fine, you'll be able to play it on res 1024x768, high settings with no AA and AF.

Oh great thanks for your help im so relieved lol! :D oh sorry for posting it here, i didnt kno (n00b lol)

There should be an official "can my pc run half-life 2" thread on the Half-Life 2 discussion forum.

No.. You need at least an AMD 64 6000+ to run Half-Life 2.. And uhm.. At least a Radeon X800 XT Ultra Platinum Deluxe with extra cheese on it.. Also find some RAM with a response time of less than 0.0001 nanoseconds, otherwise you won't really feel the gibs flying against your head...

Well.. DUH.. Don't think you should have a problem running it with that config (Valve is supposed to be making it scalable, so it even runs on the 20 year old 286 that your dad makes his excel spreadsheets on).. And well, don't just find reasons now to upgrade just cos you want an AMD 64 (and I know you want one, everyone does).. Just buy HL2, and if your sys can't cope with HL2, upgrade.. But in that case, the only problem should be your videocard (admitted is the fact that the 9500 is a budget-card)

Oh im looking forward to hl2 now i kno that my pc will run it wehay! :D
erm wots the official release date! lol ive seen many different dates, sum saying sept, and sum sayin nov and sum sayin 2005! :eek:

Ummm that 2600+ should be 1.9 or 2.13ghz, something is wrong.

rly? but wen i look at my pc specs (my computer, or dxdiag) it tells me i have 1.25 ghz?? hmmm either my pc is lying or it rly is 1.25ghz

Welcome to the forums CrazySpartan :)

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back