World of Warcraft... Alt Time!

Letters

Tank
Reaction score
Yeah, so, playing my gnome warlock at level 57 was starting to become a lil' 'eh' so I created a Tauren druid on Crushridge last night. If any of you other US/Canadian players want to come start new characters on Crushridge with meh (and Deadline, but he's already 27 on that server), that'd be shweet. :p Just send a whisper to 'Onepercent' (ROFL), and we'll meet up in Teh Barrenz at some point after you've finished your newbie area!

I'm pretty much giving up on my lvl 23 warrior, who is basicly my main.

I may whisper you if i'm around on that server

Now to decide, shaman or rogue?

Im 38 orc hunter on Destromath. It's my main but i have a RIDUNKLIOUS amount of alts. Its why im such low level, and i tend not to "grind" as much as i should. Im always doing a quest or farming for thick or doing an instance, its rare when i just get to STV, find a good 40ish zone and kill.

I have made about a dozen alts with every profession and every class except priest. I have 3 10-13 rogues (troll, gnome and NE) 2 druids, 1 13 mage, 12 shaman, a 9 paly and an 11 warr.

I like my hunter a lot, a have a great guild (carnage) which is full of 40+ with high lv alchamy, chanting, smithing.

I'm a LW, ive made quite a bit of money selling http://thottbot.com/?i=8194 and i wear a lot of things i make.

I don't grind much either, usually what I've been doing lately is if I'm unrested, I'll do quests that don't require the killing of many enemies.

There's no way I will grind without being rested. I'm a level 41 Warrior right now, and I plan to just work on mining/blacksmithing for a little while, then work on my rouge, which is level 23. And once both my characters are higher up I'll work in intervals so they're both rested while I play. If you're rested and killing guys your level you can get up to 500 xp per guy, so it's like doing a good xp quest after killing six guys...so it's worth it.

What's the highest level you can get to in WoW?

I don't got wow but i know someone who has it pre ordered...i got everquest 2, though, which i used to play alot but got bored when i was crafting all day and dumped the game.

Let's see, I've created about two dozen alts over the time I've had the game. But I've really only stuck with two. On a normal server I have a level 45 Human Paladin, and on a pvp server I have a level 20 NE Rogue. I have to admit though, I'm really starting to like my rogue more than my pally. It's just so much more interactive and interesting. But alas, I shall not give up the time spent on him.

I've got a good question for everyone, what's your total time played in game, between all your characters? If you don't know how to find out, log into your character, then type /played. It'll give you how long you've been online down to the minute. Do that for each character, add it all up, and post your total. Now for the drumroll please...

15 days 8 hours 34 minutes

That's almost depressing, seeing as the game has been out for what, ten weeks now? That means two of those ten weeks I've been online playing WoW. Why does this game have to be so good?

Dude, i'm a level 30 on Crushridge :E
Except i'm a Night Elf Hunter....soo....if you wanna meet up so i can ...you know...kill you...That'd be cool :D

Been playing my Pally on Blackrock (yeah, lagrock, huhuhuh) pretty much since I got it last week, just got to lvl17. Haven't been grinding much if at all, just questing and getting up my professions/skills. Gonna create a new troll alt on Darkspear tonight so I can meet up with a mate, if anyone wants to come along and help me out, my name will be Cosmokramer :D

Sparta said:
Dude, i'm a level 30 on Crushridge :E
Except i'm a Night Elf Hunter....soo....if you wanna meet up so i can ...you know...kill you...That'd be cool :D
Haha, what's your name? And I only up to level 17 so I think I'll pass on meeting you for awhile. :p

So do I. When amazon get round to despatching it. Grrr....

My copy despatched first class early this morning, hoping it will arrive tommorow.

Not sure if the servers are up - but the latest patch is downloading ok.

Very exciting :)

MAJOR bummer: you DO need a CC or a GC to activate your free month, and since GC's won't be here until the 25th I'm ****ed with a useless piece of software. Bad move Blizzard, really bad move.

PvtRyan said:
MAJOR bummer: you DO need a CC or a GC to activate your free month, and since GC's won't be here until the 25th I'm ****ed with a useless piece of software. Bad move Blizzard, really bad move.
I don't get it man, whats the problem? What exactly is a CC? (I know GC is a gamecard but whats a CC?)

Oh and Letters, my name is Opus.

ooo that is a bad move. There was me thinking you got the free month straight out of the box and then you could top it up with gamecards or cc. ouch, i was thinking of going the gamecard route and not sending over my precious cc info, bummer. :(

Thought people would have trouble with that, I had to put off playing for a weekend cause of it :(

I'm sitting here with my mum's credid card in my hand, frantically refreshing the account creation page.

Personally I don't think it's a bad move at all. I'd do it this way if I was a developer. I mean there's nothing stopping people from buying the game, using the free month and then giving the game back to the shop and getting a refund (the shops don't know about keys :p )

It isn't a bad move, its a clever move. Now people can't whine after their 30days is up saying "WHERE THE **** DOES IT SAY I NEED A CC OR DEBIT CARD TO PLAY!!!" blah blah blah blah! (that isn't pointed at anyone here...it just WOULD happen).

I'm too sat here waiting with my wallet, CD-key out and refressing the pages too much :p

Alig said:
It isn't a bad move, its a clever move. Now people can't whine after their 30days is up saying "WHERE THE **** DOES IT SAY I NEED A CC OR DEBIT CARD TO PLAY!!!" blah blah blah blah! (that isn't pointed at anyone here...it just WOULD happen).

I'm too sat here waiting with my wallet, CD-key out and refressing the pages too much :p

It's being said on the damn box that 'additional fee is required to continue play' so those whiners have no case.

Blizzard made a huge error in judgement for Europe where the CC density is a lot lower than the US. It wouldn't have been a problem if they hadn't let the apparent myth "you don't need a CC to play the 30 days for free" live. But until the moment the servers opened last night, I still thought that. And Blizzard did nothing about trying to disprove it.

Rumor now is that servers will get up 18.00 GMT and a CC is not required anymore to create an account.

Well, amazon have lost my order, went to Game to get it. Then the account creation pages went down :p Wunderbar! Ho, hum, I'm not bothered ... shall just try again every so often.
Maybe the server will be back soon, maybe not ... who knows.

Just stay calm, people :p

Back