Worth the Upgrade ?

Drackard

Tank
Reaction score
Well, i've been paid recently and i've been wanting to upgrade for a while now. At current i'm running a P4 3.2, 1GB DDR2 Dual Channelled Ram and an X850XT PE 256mb PCI-E. I found a nice looking X1800GTO for a reasonable price here, http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=108605

Now my question is, would i notice a nice increase in FPS for the latest games such as Oblivion, Prey etc etc and future games or should i wait another month and get an X1900XT ?

I would go for the X1900GT personally. It would keep you going for a long time then after that you should go for a DX10.

Hmm, after seeing the price of that X1900XT Brick i'm pretty convinced to wait another month and get that, i'll get a few others opinions aswell but those 2 links helped quite a bit, cheers ^.^

I think the X800 should hold you over until Dx10 cards are out....AMDATI might have one as soon as january...

Yeah i was thinking the same, but i'm willing to upgrade again when the time comes for DX10, i doubt i would upgrade straight away anyway, i'd wait for prices to drop a little and for a few more decent DX10 games to come out.

I'm hearing from a few online stores that ATI is discontinuing their current iteration of the X1900XT. Is this true? Because if so, I'll be video-card-less on my new system for another week, at least :(

I'm hearing from a few online stores that ATI is discontinuing their current iteration of the X1900XT. Is this true? Because if so, I'll be video-card-less on my new system for another week, at least :(

its because of the x1950xt coming out and no its not dx10

Go for the x1900xt. My x800xtpe has been struggling for quite a while now, i'll be after a new rig in a month for Quake Wars, TF2 etc.

Yeah i think i am gonna go for the X1900XT 512, looks sexeh.

You may want to get on that ASAP, it's being discontinued. The place I ordered mine from (exact same card as you :D) got their very last shipment a couple days ago, I was lucky :p

There'll be some around, i saw shit loads at a local Hardware Store near me, not a lot of people use it so i'm all good ;P

Back