WoW Open Beta

hopefully i'll see you all there. i downloaded over the weekend and i'm just about to play now! :)

Letters said:
Deadline and I did some powerquesting last night and got to level 7. :) Can't wait to play more later today... already love being a hunter...

hey, did you start a new character? we have to quest sometime, i have a level 15 night elf hunter with a pet snow leopard :) <3 him

Suicide42 said:
hey, did you start a new character? we have to quest sometime, i have a level 15 night elf hunter with a pet snow leopard :) <3 him
Yeah, I started a new guy... but on PvP 4 now (people from my guild were already there)...

is anyone on test server 6? if so, add me to your list (Dedalus). i've got my lvl 22 paladin with some awesome smithing/mining skills. i'll sort you out with some cash and some nicely crafted armour and weapons :D

Cool stuff.

My PC ****ed up, and all the yanks are hogging the FP wait queues.

So now I've got to wait until morning ;_;

where are you all downloading from? the blizzard installer doesn't work right, jumps from 0 to 10kbps although I can dl at 100... :(

Friend of mine was trying to get it with the BT download, did'nt work, and the FT ones would not unzip right, but he brought a storage thing over and nicked mine.

I now present what happans when you think you can outswim a Murloc. :(

I started up WoW then i have to install this update and then it says restart WoW. SO i did and now i have to download this bigger update (19.5mb) using this Blizzard installer. After im through with this will i be able to play? or are there more updates?

B.Calhoun said:
I started up WoW then i have to install this update and then it says restart WoW. SO i did and now i have to download this bigger update (19.5mb) using this Blizzard installer. After im through with this will i be able to play? or are there more updates?
You'll be good to go. :) (Test 4! ;))

Ive started in test7 and test1 but i think im gunna stay on test1. Pings lower than test7 for me.

Anyway if anyones on test1 or 7 and you got some spare time to help me out on some basics i'm called Valanfor on test7 and AliG and Astroid on test1. My paladin (alig) is level 5 :D but my shite excuse of an ISP (ntl.ame nob ends) went down and has been for like 5 hours now even though its on atm it was about 10 minutes ago and went back off so i'm still trying to get through to them on the phone. Missing out on precious free WoW time :angry: and i think i'll be dead when i get back because i was fighting a mob in WoW when it went down grrrr....

geeez i'm bored already
see lots off guy's with extra stuff or high lvl
all i want is want to go around lvl 30 so whats the best and the fastest way to do it i'm wondering.

geeez lol.

well i got my blizzard installer going (currently at 4%...sigh) i got mine from the wow community site - it actually took me by suprise wasn't expecting this (though haven't been taking too much attention in the betas). Anyway, i think it'll be ready tommorow night, (i would let my computer get it all tonight, but i get up a 6am and the hum would distract me all night). Anyway, World of Warcraft should be a lot better off tmrw night when u'll get a dumbass undead warlock, going from disaster to another ;) maybe taking the herbalism route.

I've been keeping an eye on wow, as well as City Of Heroes, i can only afford to support one mmorpg, and from the latest news about wow (elementals, the amazing cinematic) then it was a pretty clear cut decision - though COH has the spandex factor sewn up.

Does anyone know if WOW will work like COH, where us europeans can import the US edition, and play on the US servers until the european edition is released and then get on the european servers?

zer0kewl said:
geeez i'm bored already
see lots off guy's with extra stuff or high lvl
all i want is want to go around lvl 30 so whats the best and the fastest way to do it i'm wondering.

geeez lol.

If you are not interested in social aspect, you can be a warrior, good solo, or a pally with heal.

Does that blizzard downloader lag everyones PC to the absolute brink or just mine? (i got it from BT at 170KB/sec from 0mb to 2.5gb anyway but i started off using that blizzard downloader)

Hey guys... I keep searching for a torrent of the open beta exe but I can't seem to find any good torrents. I already tried the blizzard uploader but it just kills my computer and my connection... would you mind sharing some of your torrents with me? I'd rather use my own BT client than that POS blizzard is making people use.

Help would be appreciated.

right stopped the blizzard one, it too was killing my pc - am getting far stable results - and my computer back from the bittorrent version.

spinkitten... could you give me a link to the bit torrent version?

dont bother. you get about 10 kb/s and it completely suckes your internet connection as it gives other users unlimited acess to your uploads... so if you use it you will have NO upload. great.

ok ive started playing, on test 14. my name is Warhoof and im a lvl 2 tauren hunter, yay!

I always like Warcraft III. What's WoW like?

Better :D

Check it out...do whatever it takes to download it because it is well worth it.

Im doing everything I can to downlaod it but its just so slow, im surprised its not downloading faster. At the rate its going, its going to be a few days before it finishes :(

I downloaded it off of fileplanet, but there is an error when I try to unzip it... what the hell....

Sedako said:
I downloaded it off of fileplanet, but there is an error when I try to unzip it... what the hell....

You must use winzip. They forget to tell you that simple instruction. They originally gave you that instruction when I signed up. However, when I downloaded and referenced the site with the install instructions, they removed the part about needing winzip. Winrar or any other zip utility will not work with the fileplanet version.

I hate fileplanet.

For some reason, I can't use that downloaded with the green status bar anymore, which I assume means a fresh download will have to commence instead of finishing my 65% one ;_;

Yep, does anyone not want their account? PM me, and I'll gladly take it for the Open Beta. :D

i signed up and went to the blizzard client installer which is still going, as it's going to some time to download, am i still eligable to play as the signups are closed, is there any signup conclusion i need to wrap up once i've downloaded the client? Or am i completely signed up and am set to play once the client has downloaded?

Could someone also answer my previous question, in that as i am located in Europe, if i purchase the US version this month, can i play on the US servers and then on the Europe ones once it is released here? I am really looking forward to this game, i've always followed warcraft, this is going to be my first MMORPG, so i really don't know what to expect...apart from fun, of course. ;)

are the servers down? I just finished installing the game and the account I created doesn't seem to be working, it gives me a connection error.

Can anybody else login right now?

spinkitten said:
i signed up and went to the blizzard client installer which is still going, as it's going to some time to download, am i still eligable to play as the signups are closed, is there any signup conclusion i need to wrap up once i've downloaded the client? Or am i completely signed up and am set to play once the client has downloaded?

Could someone also answer my previous question, in that as i am located in Europe, if i purchase the US version this month, can i play on the US servers and then on the Europe ones once it is released here? I am really looking forward to this game, i've always followed warcraft, this is going to be my first MMORPG, so i really don't know what to expect...apart from fun, of course. ;)

once you have downloaded the client, you register your key with blizzard for an open beta account. (so you need a valid key if you don't have one)

I heard that blizzard have decided to force users to play in their own regional servers... in other words UK on UK servers, USA on USA servers etc.... at least initially.
( http://wow.stratics.com/ )

Rico said:
are the servers down? I just finished installing the game and the account I created doesn't seem to be working, it gives me a connection error.

Can anybody else login right now?

the US servers are all down for maintenance from 10:00AM it is suspected to last about 3 hours.

which is a damn good thing, because last night whenever I picked up an item it would freeze the whole server for like a minute.
before open beta I played WoW as if it were a LAN/single-player game (connection and latency wise)... I have never lagged on it till last night, however it was obviously a server problem (hence the maintenance) and not the usual.

Man, everyone is so spread out across servers now... ;(

And yeah the lag was horrible yesterday...

I'm entering into withdrawal by not playing WOW in my free time. GET THE SERVERS UP NOW BLIZZARD!!!

The lag was terrible last night. Luckily some friends called and I went out (I forgot how freaky of a movie Event Horizon is) instead of putting up with that lag.

blahblahblah said:
I'm entering into withdrawal by not playing WOW in my free time. GET THE SERVERS UP NOW BLIZZARD!!!

The lag was terrible last night. Luckily some friends called and I went out (I forgot how freaky of a movie Event Horizon is) instead of putting up with that lag.
Event Horizon, excellent choice, and as for withdrawals Im right there with you buddy.

Back