Wow... [Probable Spoilers]

Asymptote

Reaction score
Wow...I just finished Episode 2, and all I can really say is...wow... HL2 was awesome, of course, but Episode 1 was merely great. Now, though, they've really managed to re-energize the series...not only was the story of Ep. 2 impressive, but it has to be one of the "prettiest" first-person shooters I've ever played...

Wow.

Wow...I just finished Episode 2, and all I can really say is...wow... HL2 was awesome, of course, but Episode 1 was merely great. Now, though, they've really managed to re-energize the series...not only was the story of Ep. 2 impressive, but it has to be one of the "prettiest" first-person shooters I've ever played...

Wow.

Agreed.

And how about that ending? That surprised me more than anything.

And how about that ending? That surprised me more than anything

No surprise for me. We already knew from Valve that a major character would die, and he was the obvious choice, for a real dramatic ending.

Damn I just finished it there too, absolutely incredible! Best of the Episodes so far!! Such a dark ending to leave you on eh? Makes me want Episode Three a lot now! haha!

Jonny

AAAAaaargh! I just finished it! That was horrible! Even though I guessed it must be you-know-who months ago that was still a horrible surprise.

Rest In Peace.

Sure was, leaves you thinking about how Episode Three will kick off :) Hope after Episode Three we get Half-Life 3 with a showdown on the Combine World :p

I'm looking forward to how Valve do ep3. Should be interesting the way they left off.

i'm glad i don't actually spoil it for myself, and read about the games too much. when that happened at the end, i had no idea it was going to happen. i feel sorry for all of you who seem bitter at the fact that Episode 2 wasn't good enough for you, when you didn't even experience everything the game had to offer first hand

It was a great story twist; a bittersweet ending. Valve amazes me! I was like now where does that freaky thing (Combine Advisor) from Ep1 come into play in Ep2? Well, in the little village, that whole scene was amazing. It was just sad the Eli had to be the one to die though. Why couldn't they have killed Kleiner?!

Anyway, I'd say it will be Alyx flying the chopper...maybe. I've played too much Half Life in the past week. I dreamed I was hired by the GMan to kill Hilary Clinton because she was hurting his company.....

Killing off Kleiner wouldn't have produced the same emotional effect as the death of the fatherly Eli.
True, though they'd have had a good go at it nonetheless. Attaching 'son' onto every one of his sentences before he finally cops it :p

Back