WTF! Steam!

Reaction score
I still don't know how to delete the games I don't want in steam! Someone told me to just simply delete the folders they reside in but I cannot find these folders! For example, CS 1.6 is like 400 mb and I don't want it, How can I physically remove this 400 mb which I very dearly need because I'm running out of HD space! then I turn on Update for HL and two minutes later I have lost something like half a gig of HD space, WTF is it updating so big!? I hate steam too, I like life simple. Just freaking stay with the traditional ways of pacthes for updating because its not like everyone has 80 gigs of HD too spare.! Why Can't I Uninstall seperate Steam Games? Its like having two HL's, Two CS's, Two Team Fortresse's and its just doubling the HD space it takes up and all together thats like 2 gigs so Wtf.

Originally posted by cyborgguineapig
I still don't know how to delete the games I don't want in steam! Someone told me to just simply delete the folders they reside in but I cannot find these folders! For example, CS 1.6 is like 400 mb and I don't want it, How can I physically remove this 400 mb which I very dearly need because I'm running out of HD space! then I turn on Update for HL and two minutes later I have lost something like half a gig of HD space, WTF is it updating so big!? I hate steam too, I like life simple. Just freaking stay with the traditional ways of pacthes for updating because its not like everyone has 80 gigs of HD too spare.! Why Can't I Uninstall seperate Steam Games? Its like having two HL's, Two CS's, Two Team Fortresse's and its just doubling the HD space it takes up and all together thats like 2 gigs so Wtf.

goto properties for each game, set them to not automatically update, then exit steam.

open my computer/windows explorer, goto C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamCache\[email protected]\

delete the folders you dont want, they will be clearly marked, one is called "counter-strike" there are similar ones for other games, delete them.

thats about it, then you can selectively tell steam which games you want to update after that.

WHAT!!?? I go into Steam Cache and the folders that reside in it are Platform. Then in Platform there is only two folder, Friends and Servers and thats IT! There is also a Gchache.gfc file but I have no program that opens that. So again...WTF?!

Originally posted by cyborgguineapig
WHAT!!?? I go into Steam Cache and the folders that reside in it are Platform. Then in Platform there is only two folder, Friends and Servers and thats IT! There is also a Gchache.gfc file but I have no program that opens that. So again...WTF?!

if the only folder in there is platform than thats all you have, you dont have the games, you must be losing HDD space some other way, cause if you had games they'd be there in that folder.

maybe you installed steam to a different directory?

Ooooh ok, now I get it. There are no fodlers in there until I actually run a game from Steam. When you run HL then it makes a HL folder for instance.:dozey:

Back