xbox360 \\ Crackdown Reviews

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
First Review by IGN : 8.0

overall the thrill of jumping like a mutant kangaroo from rooftop to rooftop is unrivaled! The smart blend of collecting orbs in a wildly vertical setting while constantly feeling the reward of powering up creates an unbeatable sensation of addictive fun. You'll have a blast, even if for a short while.

The way you can jump into a wall and just slide against it while retaining your "in air" animation is incredibly stupid and is a problem I thought would have been eliminated a long ****ing time ago from all games. It's like, us gamers are so used to it, that we don't even notice or care. I say that's lazy bullshit.

No no, but graphics are more important.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I think this game idea is cool, and would buy it if I had the 360.

This seems like a game of either you love it or you don't. The IGN review come with "another take" at the end. They usually put it for questionable games like they did with God Hand.

Thre reviews also range from 75 to 90 and from the impressions I read from people that played the demo , it very much a game some will love and others not very much.

personally, i was unimpressed by the demo
it had a certain style that may be appealing to some but it simply wasnt fun enough
AI, combat, and driving were all poor
and the missions (albeit it was a demo) were not at all interesting
i MIGHT rent it and give it another try somewhere down the line but i will definately not be buying it :p

The more I play the demo, the more I love it. Co-op is just... amazing, and downright fun. I really want to buy it, but I want to buy it soon so I can get the Halo 3 Beta without all the hassle over the web/little chance of being selected.

Ach! Someone lend me ?40.

I'm pretty mad that they got rid of the comic-book feel.

****ing graphics whores.

I just played through the demo a few times. I'm extremely disappointed with how simplistic the combat is while at the same time impressed with the visuals and environments. Looks like a rent to me.

I'm pretty mad that they got rid of the comic-book feel.

****ing graphics whores.

It does have a comic book feel. More subtle but it's there.

The opening cinematic will definitely make it feel like a comic book :)

I love the first line also when you start the game.

"This place has gone to shit. And it's about to hit the fan." :LOL: Just so unexpected as the first two sentences when you turn on the game.

It does have a comic book feel. More subtle but it's there.

The opening cinematic will definitely make it feel like a comic book :)

I love the first line also when you start the game.

"This place has gone to shit. And it's about to hit the fan." :LOL: Just so unexpected as the first two sentences when you turn on the game.

I've been on the fence with this game. I loved the demo...but I'm worried it's not worth $60 for a relatively short SP portion and nobody I know buying it to play coop with.

I got the demo lastnight after months of 360-neglect... I found it quite fun - and i've not tried co-op yet...

If you were off Test Drive for once, I'd play a co-op. ;)

I found the demo to be an absolute riot, but I'm swithering about a full purchase.

The whole problem now is I have to fix my router, because the NAT settings have somehow set to STRICT, when they were OPEN for months. This statement renders my earlier statement at Pobzie useless.

I do have ?50 of HMV vouchers.... what to do.... (no Wii ;( )

I've been on the fence with this game. I loved the demo...but I'm worried it's not worth $60 for a relatively short SP portion and nobody I know buying it to play coop with.

If you're thinking for good story-driven games this isn't for you. The story is just about a bunch of rival gangs and you need to sort of destroy part of the gang's hierarchy to get to the kingpin.

Also, Los Muertos was an easy gang. Once you get to the Volk when they have ****in armored vehicles and rocket launchers and grenade launchers and snipers, the game gets fairly hard on the easiest setting.

What I would do is buy it now, play and enjoy it for what it's worth. If you find out you hate it, you could probably wait until the Halo3 beta begins and sell the game on EBay for $60 or more I would think if you keep it pristine condition.

Also, you have an entire forum here of gamers!!! Don't say you can't find people to play with on co-op ;)

Bought it last night, I found it pretty enjoyable. Throwing bodies off of buildings is fun. :D

i like it, but i get bored of it in 10 mins so no buy for me.

i bought it today, i like it, combat's a bit weird but i expect that's just because the early guns aren't much fun. i do love the whole WHEEE IM SPIDERMAN JUMPING aspect of it.

I bought Vegas today too, so I'm having trouble picking which to play first :p

Standard/typical 'you stand here and shoot, I'll stand there and shoot' combat in Crackdown is rubbish. Now, combat that involes jumpinmg from rooftop to rooftop at breaknet speeds whilst a thousand bullets, rockets and grenades are fired/thrown after you, causing all sorts of shit to blow up thus making amazing cinematic and epic jumps from, as said, rooftop to rooftop... well, that's a whole other story. The game is ridiculous fun.

If you're thinking for good story-driven games this isn't for you. The story is just about a bunch of rival gangs and you need to sort of destroy part of the gang's hierarchy to get to the kingpin.

Also, Los Muertos was an easy gang. Once you get to the Volk when they have ****in armored vehicles and rocket launchers and grenade launchers and snipers, the game gets fairly hard on the easiest setting.

What I would do is buy it now, play and enjoy it for what it's worth. If you find out you hate it, you could probably wait until the Halo3 beta begins and sell the game on EBay for $60 or more I would think if you keep it pristine condition.

Also, you have an entire forum here of gamers!!! Don't say you can't find people to play with on co-op ;)

Well I just rented it last week and I'm glad I did. After getting everything I wanted in 15-20 hours I ran out of things to do (I sandboxed enough). I did everything barring some of the ground/rooftop races and collecting the last 50 or so Agil orbs and like 100 or so hidden orbs.

Back