YAY Obama win BOO California, Arizona, Florida Bans Same Sex Marriage

Well by religions, I mean all religions in the world. Of course I guess there would have to be some governmental control over that. Can't have 10 wives, or can we? :naughty:

dont forget marrying your daughter as good mormons do ..somehow I dont see religions agreeing with anything let alone which ceremony takes precedent over the other

In any case, I forsee keeping marage as a religions/spiritual/secular occasion.

only because now they want it that way because they erroneously think their institution is at risk, when it's not; no one is forcing them to marry gays ..so it boils down to one thing: irrational hate

Institutions (IRS, insurance, etc.) would change from asking if you were single/married to single/couple (might have to determin what a couple is).

from civl unions and married couple ..on an insurnce form ..ya I'm sure no one would ever discriminate against those that are of a particular group

"civil union? godless atheists, new age hippies or sodomites, what ever! <pulls out ink stamp> insurance claim DENIED!!! ooooh that felt good, lets do it again DENIED!!!! oooohhh"

" This way you cut out all the debates and just make it simple. The couples that live togeather and depend on eachother can recieve benifits without having to go get married or what have you. This of course with all things, would probably get abused. Then again, that's a lot of people's arguments against gay marrage (you saw that movie right?).

so anyone who lives with anyone else ..including roomates, brother and sister, brother and brother ..all living together civilially unionised ...at least the christians are happy they kept their title!!!

You know that more than half of Obama's black & hispanic constituency voted against same sex marriage in many states.

They say it's because many blacks and hispanics are religious.

You know that more than half of Obama's black & hispanic constituency voted against same sex marriage in many states.

They say it's because many blacks and hispanics are religious.

Yeah dude you get major Catholic population and major Baptist population together and the ONLY thing you can get them to agree on is no abortions and no gays

Like I said before, who are you to tell people they're wrong? "Common sense" and "facts" in a case such as this (which you'll have to post for me, for information purposes) are somewhat irrelevant because it's a personal issue - people either support it or not based on their beliefs. Each state is different in regards to this issue, but it's pretty surprising to see a traditionally left-wing state such as California do a complete turnaround.

In a truly free democracy, civil liberties cannot be mandated by a public referendum. History shows us it doesn't work, and indeed this is why we have things like the bill of rights and the constitution that are not up for popular vote. To have it otherwise is to invite discrimination of the minority by the majority.

This kind of thing is fundamentally no different than a state voting to ban a particular religion just because the majority happened to be christian. (Personally, I'd be scared to see what the result of such a vote would be in a lot of states.) But that's why freedom of religion is protected at the federal level and why all basic freedoms, gay marriage included, should be federal and not state domain, in my opinion.

Hehe, yes because muslims must've been the ones to invent the bomb and show the world its power :angel:

Not that whites or christians had anything to do with it :cheese:

Oh here we go on that one.

Because a ground invasion of Japan OR continued firebombing would've been any better? Firebombing is/was far more devastating than the atomic bombs.

My point is ... saying the following:

[religionX] terrorism

Is completely unnecessary, placing a religion in front of it is just awkward. Next time a christian blows something up, I wont be saying "Christian terrorism", it makes no sense what so ever. Next time a jewish man from Israel kills 100 people, we won't be calling it Judaism terrorism. Otherwise, George Bush = Christian terrorism in every way, or whatever religion he is.

Just absolutely ignorant to make it seem like terrorism is a Muslim thing when other religions have done / are doing just as bad or even worse.

[religionX] terrorism

Is completely unnecessary, placing a religion in front of it is just awkward. Next time a christian blows something up, I wont be saying "Christian terrorism", it makes no sense what so ever. Next time a jewish man from Israel kills 100 people, we won't be calling it Judaism terrorism. Otherwise, George Bush = Christian terrorism in every way, or whatever religion he is.

Just absolutely ignorant to make it seem like terrorism is a Muslim thing when other religions have done / are doing just as bad or even worse.

he was being sarcastic anyway

dont forget marrying your daughter as good mormons do ..somehow I dont see religions agreeing with anything let alone which ceremony takes precedent over the other

only because now they want it that way because they erroneously think their institution is at risk, when it's not; no one is forcing them to marry gays ..so it boils down to one thing: irrational hate

from civl unions and married couple ..on an insurnce form ..ya I'm sure no one would ever discriminate against those that are of a particular group

"civil union? godless atheists, new age hippies or sodomites, what ever! <pulls out ink stamp> insurance claim DENIED!!! ooooh that felt good, lets do it again DENIED!!!! oooohhh"

so anyone who lives with anyone else ..including roomates, brother and sister, brother and brother ..all living together civilially unionised ...at least the christians are happy they kept their title!!!

I'm trying my best dammit. :p

[religionX] terrorism

Is completely unnecessary, placing a religion in front of it is just awkward. Next time a christian blows something up, I wont be saying "Christian terrorism", it makes no sense what so ever.

If the Christian in question committed acts of terrorism in the name of his faith, then it makes perfect sense.

The ban was a disgusting way of stripping people of rights. And I don't know why people were saying it was an 'easy' win, wasn't it like 52-48?

Oh here we go on that one.

Because a ground invasion of Japan OR continued firebombing would've been any better? Firebombing is/was far more devastating than the atomic bombs.

The only reason the atom bombs dropped was to reduce American casualties. Nobody cared about Japanese casualties. Of course now a days America can't use it's get out of war free card without every other nation slapping trade sanctions on them.

Back