Spitcodfry's trip to valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
great job spitcodfry! it must've been awesome to meet the Valve guys :D

I'd like you to mail me something you've touched. Anything, really.

Got any toenails you can spare? :cheese:

And yeah, great job on going over there. I envy you! ;)

Sounds like ya had a good time, shame you didn't have a play-test on HL2 tho :(.

D33, wtf is that thing in your avatar? I've seen it about and it's just freaky...

Good job.

At least they confirmed that they will confirm the gold date. ;)

Attachments

• shityeah.jpg
    shityeah.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,341
That was excellent Spitcodfry, thank you very much.

It's so great that they took the time out to do this. I mean, wow.

On the release date, Gabe still didn't say it was delayed, meaning it probably isn't. I get the impression that they are just going to go gold quite late. I guess Greg Coomer wasn't kidding when he said it was going to be "tight".

Awesome! GJ Cod! Love the pic w/Gabe, you'll have to postersize it & have them all sign it!

And the 30th.... well... I think its already too late for that. But maybe not...

You look like you are closely related to Erik. I smell a conspiracy! hehe nah but you do, and i wish I lived in WA. :(

It both worries me AND raises hopes to see that HL2 was not being worked on, and Gabe implied HL2 had not yet gone gold, and was vague about 9/30.

Ugh, he avoids a definate answer when you have a golden crowbar in your hands. :p

Good job.

Wow.. just wow
Also, maybe that monster with the hydra concept art is the "assface" monster (Look on the enemies list on the hl2.net main webpage)

Great thred spitcod. you're a champ, and we'll remember you long after HL2 is out.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Good job.

At least they confirmed that they will confirm the gold date. ;)

well, its gotta go gold any day now, because he said he'll let the public know prior to 9/30..

Cool, very cool...
What questions did you ask about Steam?

:) You should have gotten the peoples autographs, or maybe re-visit and ask for them to sign your copy of hl2. Then it might be one of a kind and you can make your friends bow down to you.

*jumps up and down* Spitcodfry, you are my hero!!! *giggles*

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cheese:

Originally posted by Goombatommy
well, its gotta go gold any day now, because he said he'll let the public know prior to 9/30..

OMG TOMMOROW.

not.

GJ man, thanks for taking the time to do this for all of us!

No HL2 info or pics, but still cool none the less. I have utmost respect for Valve for taking the time to even give you a tour! (nothing was happenin' because it was lunch time I bet :D).

Oh, and that last pic with the crowbar is just asking for a photoshoppin'!!!!!!!

Originally posted by spitcodfry

He did say though that they will be making a gold announcement, and that they won't just send it to retailers on the 30th without prior notice to the public.

Could this be another hint that Half-Life 2 is not delayed?

Spit?... did you manage to pick up a headcrab while you were there? ;)

nice work Spit, you kept us all in suspense :)

I like the last pic with the crowbar, nothing like having some style ;).

Absolutely awesome. I can't belive Valve would be willing to spend so much time with a fan who just showed up in their office!

And props to Spitcodfry for having the balls to pull this off. By the way, dude, you look like you could be Erik Johnson's son.

Although I must admit, Gabe Newall's response to your question about the release date is a little troubling.

Originally posted by Ghost Freeman
It HAD to be gold today...

Please don't start that. Notice he only saw one person working on it. There probably is a lot of offsite testing going on. It can't be declared gold until it's all been tested.

Wow!! Good job Spitcod!!! One thing though, was teh receptionist lady hot??

Originally posted by nw909
OMG TOMMOROW.

not.

what the hell is your problem man? all you do is flame everyone. You never have anything good to say. you post whore.

Good stuff man. I really like the Combine and the Combine Air vehicle thingy that I forgot the name to. Betcha had a great time!

Excellent stuff, I'm a little dissapointed they didn't leave you with a new piece of news, but it'll soon pass.

Overall I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and managed to get a peek at the working environment.

spit its important that you tell us exactly how gabe said that he wasnt just going to release the game before the 30th!!!!!!

So spit, did Gabe actually say that he would announce the gold date before the 30TH, or did he just say before it was out?

Great job. If it had been me, I prolly would have wussed out :cheese:

and that they won't just send it to retailers on the 30th without prior notice to the public

just curious, did Gabe say 30th or did he say omit the date?

Mic

Originally posted by Adam
Cool, very cool...
What questions did you ask about Steam?

I was kinda dumbfounded by the whole experience...was surprised I could form sentences...but the stuff about Steam I asked them was along the lines of "How does the cache system work?" "Do you run the content servers, or do other companies?" Stuff like that. And the answers, of course, were things we already knew.

Now that I think about it though, I believe Gabe told me that today was the first day that they got 10,000 people on Steam working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back