Spitcodfry's trip to valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaffirmed my trust in Valve, they sound like really good guys. I would have been more into the DoD stuff!!! That part of the office looked cool.

PS- I think spit should get a custom title or something...

He said the 30th... but, of course, he ment September 30th 2004!

Who thinks this thread will overtake the 'official info from valve only' thread?

/me waves to MOW and Snowbawl

I am still in shock.

My eyes are glossed over.

I look like the life has been scared out of me.

:D

Spitcodfry, did Gabe actually say they would make a gold announcement before the 30th or just say they would make a gold announcement?

Yeah spit, Did Gabe actually say he will announce Gold before the 30th?

STAMPEDEEEEEE!!!!

wow, that was great spitcod. you are teh l337 now. too bad there arent more pics, but i can understand all that excitement. oh, you know what woulda been cool? you shoulda asked to use their bathroom to see what was in there. maybe a headcrab in the medicine cabinet? or hell, even a medkit on the wall.

Thank you ....:cheers:

Attachments

• me with gabe and crowbar.jpg
    me with gabe and crowbar.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 804
Originally posted by TheWall421
So spit, did Gabe actually say that he would announce the gold date before the 30TH, or did he just say before it was out?

He didn't confirm anything...just that they'd announce it before it shipped.

this all sounds like good news to me lets hope we're all playing HL2 on the 30th :) congrats spitcod

Originally posted by spitcodfry
I was kinda dumbfounded by the whole experience...was surprised I could form sentences...but the stuff about Steam I asked them was along the lines of "How does the cache system work?" "Do you run the content servers, or do other companies?" Stuff like that. And the answers, of course, were things we already knew.

Now that I think about it though, I believe Gabe told me that today was the first day that they got 10,000 people on Steam working.

Another milestone met! 10,000 users on Steam at the same time! Good stuff! By the way, the name of one of those creatures is "Kingpin". Its the one with the BIG head and 2 tentacle arms holding itself up with a weird tail behind it.

Oh man, that's very cool. The last pic with you and Gabe is THE BEST. Gabe is my hero. :) I think it's very awesome that they took time out of their busy day to make time for their fans. Makes Valve, in my opinion, the highest ranked company when it comes to dedication to their fans and customers. I mean, name one other big name company that would open its doors and give a GUIDED TOUR or their offices by none other then the founder of the company himself? That just amazes me how cool that is. They just let you in, showed you around. Man, I wish I lived near Valve's offices.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I'm very impressed with Valve. :)

Originally posted by Joneleth
Oh man, that's very cool. The last pic with you and Gabe is THE BEST. Gabe is my hero. :) I think it's very awesome that they took time out of their busy day to make time for their fans. Makes Valve, in my opinion, the highest ranked company when it comes to dedication to their fans and customers. I mean, name one other big name company that would open its doors and give a GUIDED TOUR or their offices by none other then the founder of the company himself? That just amazes me how cool that is. They just let you in, showed you around. Man, I wish I lived near Valve's offices.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I'm very impressed with Valve. :)

I got a company: Bungie

Spit, if you could please answer this question for us, because I feel it's pretty important...

When you say "well, its gotta go gold any day now, because he said he'll let the public know prior to 9/30.. " did Gabe himself actually say the 30th himself? or did he say the first part and you are assuming the prior to 9/30 part yourself? Because if Gabe really did actually say 9/30 himself then that makes me a HELL of a lot more confident they are still trying to get done by then.

Thanks for the info + pics! :)

Originally posted by xor3xor
Spit, if you could please answer this question for us, because I feel it's pretty important...

When you say "well, its gotta go gold any day now, because he said he'll let the public know prior to 9/30.. " did Gabe himself actually say the 30th himself? or did he say the first part and you are assuming the prior to 9/30 part yourself? Because if Gabe really did actually say 9/30 himself then that makes me a HELL of a lot more confident they are still trying to get done by then.

Thanks for the info + pics! :)

Sorry dude, he didn't mention the 30th at all. Release info was never discussed on the tour cept' when I asked him intially.

Originally posted by Indiana
Gabe is fat.

and im sure your just perfect.

dont be an ass, some people are sensitive about that stuff. when i first saw the picture i thought he lost weight from e3. he looks normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back