10 best upcoming PC games in 2008

I like the ones that aren't for consoles.

Warhammer Online and SC2 the rest Ill just play on my 360 or PS3.

Woah, Comic Sans and an early '90s style page layout - it's totally retro!

As for it's contents

Instabuys - Left 4 Dead, StarCraft 2
Might take a look - Red Alert 3, Fallout 3, Spore

I'm actually the other way round. Instabuys - RA3, F3, Spore; Might take a look: L4D, SC2.

lol spore....

must buys for me SCS, L4D, Mirros edge

maybe:F3

I'd be looking forward to most of these if my computer could actually run them, but I'm not spending like $1000 to get a computer upgrade for damn games.. I spent ****ing $3000 on this thing like 6 years ago.. If this was a console I'd have like 10 of them... This is why I hate computers, you can't play anything unless your rich.

Depends where you shop. :3

Red Alert 3, Project Origin. Everything else, not interested.

The new Stalker, Empire: Total War, Left4Dead and Far Cry 2 are only ones Im anticipating at the moment.

Out of that list, I might be interested in these

Fallout 3
Left 4 Dead
Project Origin
Stalker: Clear Sky

L4D and RA3 for sure, might check out Spore too.

I forgot Mercenaries 2, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting it for PC yet.

Yeah, there are a bunch that are coming out this year that I want more than any of these, but I figured I would not mention them. So I won't mention A Vampyre Story in particular. :D

Spore
L4D
Clear Sky(gotta finish STALKER first though!)
RA3(really don't care about this, I mean I'll play the demo first to see whether they half-assed or not.)

I don't care about the others.

Out of all the games coming out this year, I'm probably the most interested in Mercs 2... I really hope that they don't shit all over the PC version.

FO3
Mirrors Edge
Stalker CS
GTA 4
L4D

Those are definite purchases (November's going to be an expensive month), though a few more might be added dependant on how they review.

Despite having an occasional sims habit, I can't say I'm too fussy about Spore tbh.

L4D & RA3, might download few of the others and see if they're worthy of purchasing.

from that list:

red alert 3
crysis warhead
left 4 dead
stalker clear sky
starcraft 2

games not mentioned coming this year:
mirror's edge
civ iv colonization

Starcraft 2 isn't coming out this year, wtf?

yeah but it's on the list because the guy who made it said he would put it on just if there was any chance it came out this year. Even though blizzard said it wouldn't come out this year :|

I'd be looking forward to most of these if my computer could actually run them, but I'm not spending like $1000 to get a computer upgrade for damn games.. I spent ****ing $3000 on this thing like 6 years ago.. If this was a console I'd have like 10 of them... This is why I hate computers, you can't play anything unless your rich.

It's smarter to build your PC at the ideal 'sweet spots' in terms of price / performance. Spending $1,000 now means you'll be able to play every game out right now at max settings, even though it's a 'mid range' price. I'll admit, $1,000 isn't cheap but once you build your base, you probably only need to spend a couple hundred every x years to keep your computer up-to-date and play at max or near max settings.

Seems the link has been changed, but I haven't seen a single game mentioned in this thread that I feel the need to get and/or couldn't get on the PS3. I do have moderate interest in the new stalker, but not enough to make me want a new PC.

Will Buy:
Spore
SC2
L4D

Will Look At:
Mirror's Edge
Fallout 3

Won't Bother:
RA3
The others.

He makes me wish Starcraft 2 will come out this year ;(

Left 4 Dead
Clear Sky
Spore
Fallout 3

Damn I need a job. Also, you can still just copy/paste the link lol. Good job Glen.

I might ignore RA 3 now. I've had the beta installed for a while but not got the chance to play it until now and first game I play and my brand new pc gets it's first BSOD WTF? O_O

From the 5 minutes I did get to play it just seems to play the same as cnc 3 albeit not as interesting really.

Anyone else had problems with this?

Back