24: The Game

Kangy

Reaction score
Well, this looks... average. I can't believe they're not using the real time format properly. It looks quite good, though. Shame about the 3rd person format and the dodgy digital representations.

Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Cambridge Studio, and in a working partnership with Fox and the TV show's producers, directors, scriptwriters and stars, '24: The Game' is set between seasons two and three and provides the answers to many unanswered questions: who was really behind the assassination attempt on President Palmer? How did Kim Bauer get a job in the L.A. CTU? How did Jack Bauer and Chase Edmunds first start working together? The game has jaw-dropping revelations for '24' fans and thrilling, non-stop time-pressure gameplay.

Featuring many of the stars from the first three seasons, '24: The Game' showcases the most extensive cast of Hollywood actors ever seen in a game. Their voices, likenesses and characters have been faithfully captured and recreated so players really become Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), Kim Bauer (Elisha Cuthbert), Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) and other characters from the show.

'24: The Game' has multiple character plots and strands and over 100 missions covering multiple genres of game-play including:

on-foot sections with shooting, stealth, puzzles and sniping;

driving challenges varying from stealthy tailing to high-speed pursuits;

interrogations where you have to coerce information out of suspects and

gadget sections including decoding information and examining satellite images

High production values make the whole 24 game experience completely authentic. The game's music has been written by the TV show's award-winning composer Sean Callery, and an all-new script has been penned by 24 show writer Duppy Demetrius in collaboration with the 24 production team.

The game also includes all signature graphical devices and sound effects; uses the unique visual style with cut-scenes produced in conjunction with the series' creator and cinematographer and multi panel windows showing concurrent plot developments as they happen.

And...

I blagged the access to the preview videos being handed out:

Here you go

Username: preview
Password: C3%qt24

The whole point of doing a game of this, surely, would be that there were 24 sections, each of which had to be completed in an hour or less. Surely!?

I like that they've gone for the varied gameplay and stuff, but seriously...
Although, apart from a "touching-yourself-naked" section, why would you want to be Kim? "Oh no I got into ANOTHER ridiculous scrape! Whoops! Oops! And another!" etc.

Also, you'd hope they could use a graphics engine just slightly better than that - it looks like GTA:SA, for God's sake.

el Chi said:
The whole point of doing a game of this, surely, would be that there were 24 sections, each of which had to be completed in an hour or less. Surely!?

I like that they've gone for the varied gameplay and stuff, but seriously...
Although, apart from a "touching-yourself-naked" section, why would you want to be Kim? "Oh no I got into ANOTHER ridiculous scrape! Whoops! Oops! And another!" etc.

"A cougar! Tap the "O" button as fast as you can to alert local creepy forest men!"

Hehehe!
"Right now I OWN YOU!!!"
I love Jack Bauer. :D
It looks like they sort of are using the clock, sort of... Hnnngh.
On second thoughts, the graphics aren't that bad, but I'm worried the gameplay runs the risk of being a bit Enter the Matrix...
That was good, right? Right? Ri- Where are you going? Come back...

The second one spoilt me a bit, but the first is great. The new series is possibly the best yet so far. You won't be disappointed at all by it, especially the start, which was great. Hopefully it won't turn into silliness like the 2nd did.

Doesn't look too shabby, especially considering it's for the PS2 and the limited graphical possibilities it offers.

ffs, im not buying this, im gonna stick to watching the series.

btw, series 4 is awesome :).

loved all the series tbh..

Looks pretty good. Though, i don't know much about 24. I was into the first few episodes, but stopped watching :(. I think I'll rent the first few seasons. The first seasons on DVD correct?

DeusExMachinia said:
Looks pretty good. Though, i don't know much about 24. I was into the first few episodes, but stopped watching :(. I think I'll rent the first few seasons. The first seasons on DVD correct?

The first 3 seasons are actually on DVD :p I own them all.

Looks pretty cool actually. I'll probably rent it when it comes out.

I have only seen 3 and I'm following 4, what was so bad about 2?

I think it'd be an awesome game if they can pull it off right. So much could go wrong it'd be a disappointment considering how great the series is.

Back