TJ117

Reaction score
Which one do you use here on half life?
  • 3ds max
  • Rhino
  • blender
  • other?

XSI.

...if any of those you guys posted is another name for XSI, then yeah, i'm stupid.

Is there a free one? i know max and Maya are not (except Maya learning edition which sux) And i dont know but am searching for the XSI thing so are there any free programs? This would be helpful to me and another entire modding community so if there is a good, free program then please post!

I don't believe there are any free applications you can use and have the option to export SMDs. I do know that XSI, Maya, and 3dsMax have that option. I owuld look into purchasing a student licensed copy of Maya (Maya :)) which is a fraction of the price of a full version. When I purchased mine it was around $300 for Maya 6.5 Complete.

XSI(mod tool) and is free on (something)mage.com Is it legal? and maya learning edition is free of charge... off of the maya site...

Also are there any video tuts on how to mod all together?

XSI has a mod tool that has a Valve HL2 plug-in.

www.softimage.com yes it is VERY legal.

As for modding, it would depend on what you mean.

There are several modeling tutorials (www.iwannamap.com) if you just want to model something and put it into CS.

If you are talking total conversion there are so many different aspects that 1 tutorial wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't cover them all.

Back