3rd person flashlight..

chriso20

Reaction score
You know how in hl and its mods when you see someone with the flashlight on they glow? well i hope they change it so that the glow comes from the source on the body (eg HEV suit arm [i think its moved to the HEV suits arm :rolleyes:])

With the possible idea of being able to sorta blind them with the light or so that the screen goes dark for a few seconds (like it would in real life because your eyes are adjusting to bright light)

But that feature cud be turned off :) but would be good for some mods... like a really dark VS-style mod where the stalker blinds the vampires :D

What youz be finkin' ?

You dont need to worry about 3rd person look because theres no MP :p

EDIT: oh, forgot CS:S ^^"

they prob changed it so that its directional (ie spotlight) since the tech can support it better... in fact I know its true because CS:S has it.

How does a flashlight in 3rd person look in cs:s havnt seen it yet.

The Flashlight in CS:S is basically what he wanted it to be, except it doesn't blind people.

Cod0r said:
The Flashlight in CS:S is basically what he wanted it to be, except it doesn't blind people.

Yeah it'd get pissing annoying :LOL:

Can you post a screenshot? i haven't seen it and i've looked at all the screenshots of hl2+css :(

lol it took me quite a while to get someone to actually keep their flashlight on for me. Is there anywhere i can upload the picture ?

I tried it as an attachment, but it says 100 k/bs is limit and the picture is 108 :rolling:

Blinding someone with the flashlight could be the last defence if you're out of ammo... to bad it won't work.

i remeber how the flash light looks, if you look at the player, theres light being emitted from their hand, as their arm is next to their body. It actually does have a light source.

Here's the picture that Cod0r sent me;

It's v.slightly worse quality to make it less than 100kb

You guys forgot to mention that you can see dust in the beam of light coming from the flashlight. :p

Back