8 million Americans targeted for detention ..

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
are you one of them?

Senior government officials have leaked detailed information about a database of 8 million Americans targeted for detention in case of a declared national emergency.

According to a senior government official who served with high-level security clearances in five administrations, "There exists a database of Americans, who, often for the slightest and most trivial reason, are considered unfriendly, and who, in a time of panic, might be incarcerated. The database can identify and locate perceived 'enemies of the state' almost instantaneously." He and other sources tell Radar that the database is sometimes referred to by the code name Main Core. One knowledgeable source claims that 8 million Americans are now listed in Main Core as potentially suspect. In the event of a national emergency, these people could be subject to everything from heightened surveillance and tracking to direct questioning and possibly even detention.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/5/20/21950/7576/933/518756

to be taken with a grain of salt because the article includes statements like

"According to a senior government official " ..unnamed of course

and

"He and other sources"

..names the first source (unnamed) along with other "sources" also unnamed

but seeing as how Bush is trying his best to be remembered as big brother (albeit a goofy not so smart big brother) this wouldnt surprise me

Smaller, targeted "enemies lists" are included: no-fly list (now nearing 500,000), border scrutiny list (750,000 nearly a year ago) and people on a list created by a Pentagon project targeting antiwar and environmental groups. These much smaller lists grow to 8 million because of the "social networking" factor. If you've emailed or called someone on those lists, you get added to the master list.

I bet you're on it. Sure, you're a Canadian, but that won't stop them!

I'm almost definitely on that list, I have traceable affiliation with a lot of left-wing activist groups some of which are quite "radical" like SDS (although they're morons). Hopefully the government won't have an excuse to arrest me anytime soon though :)

Very disturbing if true. Lends credence to Naomi Wolf's thesis in her book, The End of America.

Back