A couple of questions

Reaction score
To be honest im not entirely sure what im asking or if this is the right place but here goes.

How difficult would you say it is to create a simple mod which changes only a few aspects of the game such as the way weapons work, implementing teams etc.

Im just asking because i was tihnking of creating a mod of HL 2. At the moment im doing a computing course at college and although Idont yet know much of C ++ but Im a fast learner and I picked up other languages pretty fast (No im not talking about Visual Basic) such as the ancient PASCAL which we did at school and lately Ive been looking at Java etc. It would be useful to have some experiance since im planning on doing a computer games design course at Uni when I leave college (By the way for you Americans I live in England where College is not University) It would also be nice to be able to show potential employers in the future what ive done other than education.

Ive just started downloading the HL 1 SDK to have a look at that, although I dont really know whats gonna be in it.

Do you know of anywhere i could find some tutorials on how to mod I just need something to get me started off. It would be nice to get a look at HL 1 before HL 2 comes out, just to see what its like.

Anyway if you understood any of that id appreciate some feedback

Thanks.

F.L.S :dozey:

The Wavelength has some extensive programming tutorials. I forget the URL, so you might have to do a search on Google/Yahoo.

You can change basically anything you want with the SDK. Some restrictions may apply.

Back