A good Monitor for PC and TV?

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Ok, first let me start of by saying this. I have no idea about anything when it comes to monitors or TV sets. Up to this point in my life... I have always had the two separate. A TV set for tv, and a CRT for a monitor.

But Im moving into a new apartment soon, and I plan on leaving my monitor here and buying a new one when I get there. Now I dont watch that much TV, so I decided it makes sence to just get a monitor that can be used as a tv screen. I have this video card.

But the thing is, im not sure if I want a crt or a lcd... and im not sure how that changes things, if at all. Im thinking of staying CRT since that eliminates some issues like ghosting and stuff. Im going to school for computer animation, so I really want good quality images and excellent video. I do game a lot too, so ghosting is a big issue for me... especially since I have used crt my whole life and would probably be able to see ghosting easily. Oh, and I cant stand resolutions lower than 1600X1280. I know a lot of lcds dont have such a high resolution without becoming rather costly.

But do CRTs work well as TVs? And how would I connect it all up? It would be a cable tv service, so do I connect that to the monitor or something?

Basically, I want to know what I should look for in a monitor that can be used as a tv, and a high performance pc monitor.

bah. get a HDTV, then you can play your games and watch tv..if you got the money...if not, I don't know.

easiest thing would probably be to get an lcd tv [most new/decent ones support hd] which has both av, coaxal & digital ouputs.

you would want to find a lcd that has a low ms (at least 8 or lower, but the lower you go the more expensive).

i didn't really answer many of your questions, but some useful things there.

well if thats the case just stick to a nice 19" or larger crt and buy a tv tuner card

Back