A Left 4 Dead 3 reference shows up on Valve's wiki

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Valve's Tristan Reidford has lightly teased Left 4 Dead 3 in a tutorial for the Destinations Workshop Tools.

The eighth image in the tutorial, titled "08_directory_fun.png," showed a conveniently placed folder called "left4dead3."

tristan-l4d3-folder-tease.png

From the pessimist's perspective, this was just a mistake. It's funny, though, that the folder viewport was scrolled in such a way that left4dead3 was shown first.

According to Tristan's Valve Developer Wiki contribution history, the image was first uploaded on June 28, and then about 24 hours later - after the community had been teased - it was replaced by an edited version to remove the Left 4 Dead 3 reference.

Tristan's Valve Developer Wiki contribution history:

* 17:59 (-8 GMT), June 29, 2016 . . File:08 directory fun.png ‎ (Tristan uploaded a new version of "File:08 directory fun.png") (current)
* 13:49 (-8 GMT), June 28, 2016 . . File:08 directory fun.png ‎

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if it's another "ha ha , you're an idiot" joke considering the other crap last few years .

you read it wrong, it says
Left 4 Dead 2
51 hrs on record

but
337.2 hours past 2 weeks

Found this while i was in 4ch EDIT:nvm confirmed fake
1467463938566.jpg

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if it's another "ha ha , you're an idiot" joke considering the other crap last few years .

It's an image called "directory fun" which just conveniently shows a folder called "left4dead3", plus this guy has been playing hundreds of hours of a hidden VR game on Steam when all the rumours so far have been that L4D3 will be the title to not only showcase Source 2, but the HTC Vive as well...

I really think this could be it.

agreed something is off about what he was playing. the plot thickens...

meh when valve do make new games, the poking media of gossip gets old real quick. am just content they are active.

Back