A Minute With: Half-Life

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
To celebrate the game's 15th birthday, we decided the time was right to take a quick look back at some of our favourite set pieces, environments, enemies, and mechanics from Valve's debut title, Half-Life!

Be sure to let us know what you think of this ValveTime series in the comments below. Viewer feedback is always appreciated! Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more ValveTime videos, news, and reviews coming soon! Also be sure to rate our Dota 2 Announcer Pack positively over on the Steam Workshop.​

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 5,313
this is half life source.

what are you trying to pull here?

Normally people get all riled up for these big dates, getting excited for some possible news. The 15th anniversary of Half-Life must be one of the biggest, but it's just come and gone. I think people have stopped caring.

this is half life source.

what are you trying to pull here?

Some of the footage is HL1, but most is HL:S. Recording with Fraps in Half-Life 1 causes some weird jerky frame rate issues, so it was far easier to record in HL:S.

I just hope that we will be able to finish the game without having to pay for it.

You can go finish the game right now if you want, technically.

Hopefully the new version will have changed stuff complained about in the VT review.
well textures and marine voice acting i think probably won't be changed sadly. I just for the love of god hope they go back to the original weapon and enemy balancing because i can't stand the changes they made.

If they don't i hope valve makes them put a disclosure on the game when it's starting saying "this is a fan made recreation of half-life, weapon and enemy balance, and level design have been changed from the original version, for the official half-life experience play the original" otherwise so many people will think badly of the franchise if they believe that game is how the balancing normally is

one thing i really hope valve lets them do is add in an option for the original soundtrack since they already seem to like the game this much. I'm curious about the engine upgrade though, I'm wondering if valve gave them source 2, because if it was just the most recent version of source i would have expected them to say "we're upgrading to the newest full version of source" instead of "porting the game to a new engine"

Knowing left for dead 3 is out 2014, cause I mean they gotta realease something next year and most info is pointing to lfd3. I was wondering does anyone have an idea what game event they will show it, E3 seems a bit late in the year.

Back