A very unique graphics problem?

K

Kaoss

So far noone has been able to help me with this problem and I am at a loss myself.

Ok here are my specs.
winxp sp1 all updates
2.4ghz P4
512 mb ddr ram
sound audigy ls updated
gforce fx5200 128mb not oc'd updated
80gb hd

Ok I'll be ingame and playing along and every so often the players freeze for about a 1/2 sec except me I'm still shooting them. Then I freeze for 1 sec then you hear the bodies dropping sound and dead bodies fall all around me? maybe two to four at a time.

This will happen about every 5 minutes but it is random. I could be running alone, fighting, or just be spawned. My ping is always 30 and it can't be lag cause of the bodies plopping outta nowhere with the sound included.

This happens at random times but it happens that way everytime and I am confuzzled? It doesn't happen in HL2 or HL2 MP so it's just source and it's just steam.

I have reinstalled steam, completely deleted the cfg's and it just keeps happening.

I have done the launch options -heapsize *** thing I have defragmented my HD.

So have you guys ever heard of this problem at all?

And if so is there a fix. Thankyou all very much.

Well sry 2 hear that, but
Maybe your game is corrupted, you said you deleted all the cfgs? not a good thing

or maybe its your video card it could be burnin up

ur ping sounds good so it cant be the internet connection

sry bro ur on ur own

Ive had this happen many times, also worse than what you are describing. Like yesterday i was defusing a bomb and it freezes for a second midway through, then around 10 bodies all fall down right around me. I have no idea if anyone else saw it, i'm guessing its just something going on my end. I dunno whether its just a game bug or corrupt CS:S files. I might redownload the game soon and see if it helps.

edit: btw its definately not a graphics issue

maybe this will narrow it down

I get that error only when i have tabbed out of the game and then TAB back to.
just as it loads up the game every one thats been killed falls down around me, so i think is must have something to do with either your internet connection or the fact that ur computer hangs for a millisecond or so and then sort of emulates a TAB.

Hope this makes u anywiser and get u nearer to the problem

Do a "Disk Cleanup" in Windows. That seems to have helped a lot with stopping that for me.

I have a ping under 100 most of the time, yet that happens a lot to me. Normally I can reset the computer, and it doesn't happen for a while. But recently, resetting didn't help. I still had low ping, but big pauses while playing. Did a "Disk Cleanup" and it stopped. I had defragmented a few days earlier, so that wasn't needed. If you haven't in a while, check for fragmentation as well.

I had this problem, I ended up reformatting and that fixed it but I dont keep anything important on my computer so that was easy for me to do.

I remember not being able to find anything about it also, it was irritating.

Because i get a crap ping on the net it happens to me the other way round, sneak up on someone freeze and when my ping comes back im in spectator mode.

At the end of a round the other day i shot a guy and he droped the bomb on the ground but a second bomb spawned and got stuck in the air.

Never happened before but steam cant login at the moment so i wont get to see it again anyway.

Sounds like its all lag to me either other players, you or server.

i have an other problem. when i load a server, the monitor shuts down and everything i had on it, hopped to the other monitor(i have two monitors) when i shut down CS:S The thing that was on the secondary monit, hopped to the primary one. and i have to put many icons to the right place. (i often do not know where were they.

C1Team said:
simple dont run 2 monitors
hm. i just HAVE two monitors. i mean, that's my father's computer. he needs two monitors.
anyway i found the way out. just shut down CSS and the warning windows as quick as i can.

WormsME said:
i have an other problem. when i load a server, the monitor shuts down and everything i had on it, hopped to the other monitor(i have two monitors) when i shut down CS:S The thing that was on the secondary monit, hopped to the primary one. and i have to put many icons to the right place. (i often do not know where were they.
Valve say that it is not reccomended to run with 2 monitors while playing any Source® engine games. You should disable your second monitor before playing or your FPS will drastically suffer.

Wow what the hell man? Did you asswipes just hijack my thread?

And no it's not lag.

I really hope someone can help me with this.

Bump I did a disk cleanup and everything and this has been happeneing since source beta.

I am a pretty good player so I look like an ass when I'm in a firefight and everything freezes and when I come to bodies drop and I'm dead.

Now maybe it's my rates so maybe you guys could post what all my rates should be and anything else that is pertinent.

I appreciate the help.

This has been happening to me lately, except the game stops for about 10 seconds or so and then all of a sudden I'm dead and bodies drop. I wonder if it's a new bug with an update or something. I have an oc'ed gfx card too, I hope it's not the reason!

Ive been reading up on Steampowered about this problem and one guy thinks the issue is with CS:S & Zonealarm firewall. I use Zonealarm but i havent had a chance to test his theory out yet.

If anyone else uses Zonealarm and gets the problem, try it yourself and post results.

There seem to be more and more people reporting the same issue lately, so i have my doubts as to whether or not Zonealarm is the main culprit. I have a funny feeling it might be VAC2 getting tested out, and its causing conficts with some programs people have running in the background. Who knows though.

I've had it happen twice, both times it was caused by lagg spikes on the server.

A friend of me has got zonealarm too. He opened up cs:s but suddenly zone alarm locked the hl2.exe file so he couldn't play cs:s. Uninstall it and everything will be fine.

1Luc1

I had a similar problem to start with, for me it was a router problem, I tried opening the right ports but that didn't work so I switched back to my old router and everything was playable. I don't use zonealarm so I can't say for sure that that might not be the cause.

Back