About barney

Reaction score
I was reading through my PCgamer magazine HL2 edition and i saw a picture of barney. I looked at him him closely and i noticed his clothing. He is wearing the same clothing as a combine soldier just minus the gas mask. Has anyone else noticed this before? Cant wait to find out why he is wearing it in the game.

I'm a little worried about Barney. He seems like a great ally, but I just have a weird suspiscion about him. Like he's going to turn on the resistance or something . . . and maybe he can't help it.

Damn, i've never noticed that before...oh wait nm i did...

eek that wouldnt be cool. or maybe its just payback for us leading him into turrets and getting him killed constantly in HL1.

Yep it's been noticed before, but quite a while ago so I can't remember what the conspiracy theorists came up with

heh ahhh i wasnt sure if anyone else noticed it i was pretty sure chances were that someone did.

spoiler tags would have been nice there. I'm not going to say more. Actually I noticed that too. they really should have found a different picture of him.

Because he is disguised as a combine perhaps...? To Rescue you from them at the beginning...

IM JUST GUESSING. Maybe hes wearing that because prior to the video he was acting as a combine soldier, when all hell broke lose he took off his helmet and started fighting. I didnt feel the need to spoiler that because its just a guess.

Check out the Barricade bink trailer...same clothes as combine?!?!

i swear i overlooked that pic 50 times man your rihgt he does wear the same clothing

Maybe to hide his identiy. So the combines don't shoot him or hurt him.

There have been things said that he changes sides and you must kill him, however don't quote me on that as it's just what I heard.

it was mentioned in one of the reviews i think that he was working undercover for the combine on behalf of the resistance

lol lots of things could be possible huh? Yeah i watched the barricade vid and he is wearing different cloths than in the PCgamer magazine but just remember that was almost a year ago so they could have changed his clothes from then till now.

deltree said:
it was mentioned in one of the reviews i think that he was working undercover for the combine on behalf of the resistance

i think i read the same thing!!!

Guys, Barney is really Robert Downy Jr.
http://www.hl2 ***/reviews/pcg/barney.jpg
larry02.jpg

edit: what the hell? it seems hl2 *** is a bad word?
just remove the space between the 2 and the " . " to see barney...
anyways.. ;)

Pfft . . . some people are only noticing that Barney is wearing a Combine uniform NOW? :LOL: You've had a whole year to notice.

I thought this was pretty common knowledge.

I have a horrible feeling that Barney

may kick the bucket in this one which is a shame if true as he provides comic relief. Actually its a toss-up (ooer) between him and Alyx for the death stakes.....We'll see

Remember at the end of Blue-Shift when Barney glowed green for a while and teleported for a while between Xen and Black Mesa?

Maybe there's something more to Barney's story than we're giving him credit for.

could we have only spoilers in the rumours forum? it spoils it for a lot of ppl...

To all the ppl who are spoiling (possibly) without spoiler tags; You all know you take the risk of being banned don't you?

Sorry if I spoiled the end of Blue Shift for you.

-- Mess

This thread should be in the in rumours and spec since it instigates rumours and speculation. imo.

anyway, it seems to me like many of the resistance fighters where similar clothing to the combine. Look at some of the new pics of the rebels and compare them with the combine soldiers in the new pics.

i only posted it here because it is common knowledge i thought. its obvious he's wearing it i havent spoiled anything.

Yes, this has been posted before. Someone who played the leak told us why.
IF YOU READ THIS YOUR WHOLE HL2 EXPERIENCE WILL BE RUINED.

Barney dresses as a combine so that he can rescue you (Gordon) in the beginning of the game. Right after the trainstation BINK ends.

Eon Blue said:
I wouldn't mind if he turned. I never liked Barney anyway.

Instant ban for this bastard please.

THEY HAVE SPOILER TAGS FOR A REASON YOU DUMB ****..and you go quote it..

Seriously..I would beat your ass up if you weren't behind your little pc...****ing idiot..

mods: You now can proof you do something about spoilers.. please do it. Haven't noticed it so far..

Close this thread, and ban those who spoiled..simple as that.

ferdelancebz said:
Guys, Barney is really Robert Downy Jr.
http://www.hl2 ***/reviews/pcg/barney.jpg
larry02.jpg

edit: what the hell? it seems hl2 *** is a bad word?
just remove the space between the 2 and the " . " to see barney...
anyways.. ;)

"dot ru" is a bad word because nearly every russian website has trojans or worms associated with it that immediately rape your computer and infect it. So even if the pic was of god himself, i would still not go looking at it.

Ownzed said:
Maybe to hide his identiy. So the combines don't shoot him or hurt him.

i think Gordon should sport one of those suits better than that orange HEV suit lol

Aaaah!!! One of those spoilers got me! From now on, I'm not reading ANY spoiler tags!

Xenome said:
Instant ban for this bastard please.

THEY HAVE SPOILER TAGS FOR A REASON YOU DUMB ****..and you go quote it..

Seriously..I would beat your ass up if you weren't behind your little pc...****ing idiot..

mods: You now can proof you do something about spoilers.. please do it. Haven't noticed it so far..

Close this thread, and ban those who spoiled..simple as that.
you fruit cake he didnt read the spoiler at all he was stating his opinion. I read it it he wasnt evn close. Plus if your so spoiler scared then dont read this post at all.

Aint this old? By the way: SPOILERS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE! Doesnt matter if they are blackened or not..

I love hypocrites.
We're all behind our "little pc"s. Don't go threatening shit over the internet. Moron.
Also: when you get that upset for something so trivial, it's time to take a nap.

i hope he dosnt turn against the resistance. i like barney he is like a homer simpson crossed with a fox mulder and i always liked his character in game . i hope he dont turn evil and be that evil combine

Barney

Its from the beginning of the game when he posed as a combine soldier to get you in the "office". You guys are too paranoid. :p

umm ofcourse barney is wearing the combine uniform, if you play the first level he disguases to fool the combine and then takes off his mask to tell you its him, and he probably has no time to change to his normal clothes, or that he should spy on the combine more

edit: wow this is an old thread, wonder why it got bumped ^_^

Back