Absolutely shocking....

G

Ok, WOW, in my life I have never seen a reaction to a game be this strong. I will admit myself, I am an HL addict, and I want to play this game more then ANYTHING, I'd give up a week of being with my GF to play this game for 3 days, being me, thats saying A LOT.

Anyway... I can't believe how crazy this is, lol, the reaction to HL2 already is so overwhelmingly strong, that its going to start a damn revolution... gaming revolution that is.

I am glade to be alive right now, more spacifically, 18, I can call myself a teen still. This is a prize for our computer-generation, we should charish this game, its more then that, HL2 will once again change the pace of gaming for ever. The respect that half-life has earned in the gaming communitee is rare, and powerful.

Half-Life, Valve, Gearbox... any company that has had something to do with Half-Life, and made my life a lot more entertaining in a time of need... I love you. I will be 60 years old, and still playing HL2-HL3 possibly, Mods or what not.

I have worked on the HL1 mod, The Battlegrounds, and now I even work for a few HL2 mods, and when HL3 will roll around, HL will CONSUME my life as a HL3 modder.

I will always be a part of HL, and HL will be a part of me, and as a part of the HL communitee, I just wanted to share with everyone that.

(I used my lunch time to type this, and sarcraficed my food by letting it get cooled, so dont flame me please, lol.)

I just hope people appreciate Half-Life 2, but I can already guess these forums will be awash with complaints and flames come the release time. Sigh.

Well, your kinda right. It's going to happen. If it IS going to be delayed, Valve should just come out now and say it. If it isn't, then dont say anything and keep us in suspense ;)

i do reckon Valve actually think it's going to come out on time, and Vivendi are saying it won't and since they are publishing, they're probably right.

The producers might say one thing, but the publisher always has the last word.

I just hope people appreciate Half-Life 2, but I can already guess these forums will be awash with complaints and flames come the release time. Sigh.

This is because some peoples expectations for this game are so high that the game cannot possibly be what they're expecting. I fully expect most people here to hate the game, just because it didn't live up to the unreachable expectations they've created in their heads.

This is just what happens when people follow a game for along time. When the game is released, I know I'll enjoy it because I have absolutely zero expectations of what the game SHOULD be. Just knowing it's from Valve is good enough reason for me to buy the game and try it out.

Originally posted by Joneleth
This is because some peoples expectations for this game are so high that the game cannot possibly be what they're expecting. I fully expect most people here to hate the game, just because it didn't live up to the unreachable expectations they've created in their heads.

This is just what happens when people follow a game for along time. When the game is released, I know I'll enjoy it because I have absolutely zero expectations of what the game SHOULD be. Just knowing it's from Valve is good enough reason for me to buy the game and try it out.

True, altough I have been closely following the game, I will always remain a critic, high expectations that are too high can only lead to disappointment. This guy praising HL2 as a revolution is perhaps a good example. Don't expect too much, just expect a good game, but already calling it a revolution is way too soon and may possibly lead to disappointment. You can never be disappointed if you remain reasonably neutral (unless Valve really ****s up this game, doubt it because they feel they have accomplished their wishes and they said it's better than HL.... oops here I'm going with my expectations :p)

Joneleth: It doesn't matter what i do, I just can't keep my expectations down. I have now resorted to keeping away from new game media, I'd rather wait and see the DX9 effects for the first time when i run the game. Even if the benchmark is released tommorow I won't download it.

Originally posted by Abom|nation
No doubt. There will be countless threads claiming that Half-Life 2 is overrated or that it doesn't live up to the hype (what hype?). Best bet is to just ignore them and enjoy the game!

Originally posted by Mountain Man
No doubt. There will be countless threads claiming that Half-Life 2 is overrated or that it doesn't live up to the hype (what hype?). Best bet is to just ignore them and enjoy the game!

agree :thumbs:

And a good way of doing it is just playing the game when it comes out and not read all this nonsense anymore... :bounce:

Yea, when the game comes out, I practically won't be here anymore. Maybe occasionally to check up to see whats up with everyone, but I know the flaming will continue, the HL 2 bashing will continue, threads with topics like "Man, this game sucks.." or "It wasn't what I expected..." start popping up...

on Sept 30, I'm not going to be on this forum.
Actually, I won't be back on this forum until I beat the game...Unless I get TOTALLY stuck somewhere

Yes indeed I am going to finish it at least twice. then start MP, and com back her for more information and patches ...etc

for everyone that complains that vivendi says its not coming out on the 30th...the claim has already been made that it WILL be available on steam on the 30th and in stores SHORTLY AFTER. Please quit ranting about the release date now :)

Gabe confirmed that it will be released on Steam and on store shelves AT THE SAME TIME. It will probably be on Steam @ like 12:01 am 9/30, and then on store shevles sometime in the afternoon whenever the stores open.

Originally posted by morpherex
Playing half life 2 will be like having sex...... *drule* j/k

Christ I hope it lasts longer than that. What am I going to do for the rest of my tea break if that's all it takes.

Originally posted by A2597
on Sept 30, I'm not going to be on this forum.
Actually, I won't be back on this forum until I beat the game...Unless I get TOTALLY stuck somewhere

i cannot agree with you more, LETS NOT RUIN THE GAME DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON THE FOURMS. lets beat the game first

Back