Actual gameplay graphics

R

rememberfireal

What I have been wondering ever since seeing the TF2 trailer is whether or not the actual gameplay graphics will look like that. My guess is yes, but I remember seeing "Trailers" of games that were actually not the in game graphics, but a CG promo meant to look really nice and advertise the game.

It will be interesting to actually see some in-game media.

I believe someone sent and received a reply from Gabe, with him saying that it was all in-game except the Spy's stretch animation.

We'll find out next week when VALVe release more media.

Well, don't expect realtime motion blur or depth of field. Other than that, probably.

Pretty much everything you saw was in-game. The spy's animations were a placeholder though since they haven't decided on an animation they liked for him.

The only real question is is wether the motion blur and depth of field are real-time or post-processing effects. My guess? Post-processed.

That was possibly all done within the app, Source is capable of that, it was shown for the first time in "Road to Victory" DoD:S demo. Question is if Valve is going to include this effects in the retail version? They added "Color Correction" effects recently, but I don't think they'll do that since EP2 trailers have no signs of these effects.

they claimed they would eventually

It desaturates the image. Basically, VALVe is just doing to DoD what most film makers do to their movies in post production...

In layaman's terms though, Ennui was right :p

Back