Advanced textures

Damic

Spy
Reaction score
Is Valve gonna release a high quality texture map pack for P2, because some of the textures are realy anno 1990.

an example might give you some credence here. From what I saw, everything looked great.

I also don't think the textures aren't that great(although the other elements of the graphics are beautiful, it would be even better!). I really wonder how difficult it would be for Valve to get Source drawing some higher-res textures on video cards with like 1GB of memory? I'm currently running it at a fluent 120-200 fps, definitely wouldn't mind 'sacrificing' some of that for higher res textures.
Actually, TF2 used to have higher-res textures included that could be enabled through a console command, but they took that option out with the Mac update.

Yeah, some of the textures are quite low res, but then, Valve has never really bothered with stunning hi res textures.

Just wait for Portal 2 Cinematic Mod to fill your game with wonderful super high res photo-real textures!

And also make your game ugly as ****.

Just wait for Portal 2 Cinematic Mod to fill your game with wonderful super high res photo-real textures!

And also make your game ugly as ****.
And replace the co-op bots with Russian whores!

an example might give you some credence here. From what I saw, everything looked great.
I tought the first time to, till a read a review of a dutch pc site (tweakers.net) and they found it to that some of the textures are realy low quality.

For example: the elavetor floor, the rotating doors, the arial faith plate the detail on it, in old aperture: the advertisings, the big buttons, ...

I've just tryed the mat_picmic when a map was laoded and it looks damn good now.

Back