Ahahahahahha

thenerdguy

Reaction score
Protesters have been gathering in many cities throughout the United States to criticize it for its lax and permissive attitude toward their smoking. Protesters held signs detailing the damage they were experiencing due to their smoking habits. Said one protester, "We're just out here trying to raise guilt, which is almost like solving the problem!"
Another protester was a middle-aged man with a wet cough. Between his coughing and long pulls on his Camel Unfiltered he told the crowd, "Smoking is dangerous for us and is proven to give us cancer. It is an injustice that the government lets us do it." Said one woman in the crowd, "I am outraged at the damage the government has done to my children by letting me smoke while I was pregnant. When are they going to take responsibility for what they've done?"
Said New York mayor Michael Bloomberg - who has pushed for tough anti-smoking laws in the city - said, "I have been reluctant to get involved in this issue, since I believe that the government shouldn't be telling people how to live. However, the passionate pleas from these concerned citizens have convinced me that we need to take action before they manage to kill themselves. That is why they won't be allowed to smoke in public from now on."
But many say that these steps are not enough to keep them safe. A long-time smoker complained, "Sure, they might ban smoking in public places, but I can still do it at home. Also, When are they going to do something about all this fatty food I keep eating.

http://thelemon.net/issues/index.php

Well what do you think?

So these morons, sorry people, lack the ability to decide for their own good...

I see. Interesting. This so called society seems more and more similiar with the one decribed in Orwell's '1984'.

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't notice at first the whole thing was a joke..
but there are still people out there who are like that

Originally posted by thenerdguy
Protesters have been gathering in many cities throughout the United States to criticize it for its lax and permissive attitude toward their smoking. Protesters held signs detailing the damage they were experiencing due to their smoking habits. Said one protester, "We're just out here trying to raise guilt, which is almost like solving the problem!"
Another protester was a middle-aged man with a wet cough. Between his coughing and long pulls on his Camel Unfiltered he told the crowd, "Smoking is dangerous for us and is proven to give us cancer. It is an injustice that the government lets us do it." Said one woman in the crowd, "I am outraged at the damage the government has done to my children by letting me smoke while I was pregnant. When are they going to take responsibility for what they've done?"
Said New York mayor Michael Bloomberg - who has pushed for tough anti-smoking laws in the city - said, "I have been reluctant to get involved in this issue, since I believe that the government shouldn't be telling people how to live. However, the passionate pleas from these concerned citizens have convinced me that we need to take action before they manage to kill themselves. That is why they won't be allowed to smoke in public from now on."
But many say that these steps are not enough to keep them safe. A long-time smoker complained, "Sure, they might ban smoking in public places, but I can still do it at home. Also, When are they going to do something about all this fatty food I keep eating.

http://thelemon.net/issues/index.php

Well what do you think?

Hehe, you wont quite get the joke unless you're from NY. Check this article out for more insane Bloomberg antics - http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,975037,00.html

is there any more stupid people than the avarage american?

Originally posted by h00dlum
is there any more stupid people than the avarage american?

Yes. Other even more stupid ones :bounce:

It's like the people blaming MC Donalds for them being fat from eating their food.

i don't smoke, but i hate people smoking around me. i'm at the age/size where i can generally tell them to piss off if i don't want them around.

This is the result of the well-known philosophy : The Worlds Owes Me A Living

Back