Ahhhh....man...Not enough memory!

F

FaTaLiTy

Nooooooooooo I dont have enough memory to play. I tried playing the demo and that message came up. Im so pissed..I wanna play so bad!Also I think my cpu doesnt have a good graphic card. Im not a computer guru so I dont know.When I tried playing the demo, my desktop got all big. I dunno...I so pissed...Im sick of playing Halo 2 on xbox live ;(

Well, you CPU isn't supposed to have a graphics card, but do you know how much memory you have?

System specs? What was the actual message?

Is there a way I can see how much memory I have?And the Actual message is something Like...You Have less than 128MB!!!

Post your system specs and how much $$$ you have to spend so we can help you decide what to do.

to see your memory. right click on the my computer icon and click properties

minimum System Configuration

1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection

Preferred System Configuration

2.4 GHz Processor
512MB RAM
DirectX 9 capable graphics card 256mb
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection

FaTaLiTy said:
Yeah I only have 128 MB of RAM and 2.39 GHz. ;(
That's a good CPU and a crap RAM. Wouldn't happen to know what Graphics card you have? Check under Display-settings

It says Plug And Play Monitor on intell(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.

Onboard graphics, stay away.

You really need to get a graphics card with at least 128mb of ram on it.

FaTaLiTy said:
It says Plug And Play Monitor on intell(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.

not too good. you would need to get another 256 mb of ram at least, which is only around 25 bucks. then youd need a video card. if you wanna stay cheap, my friend just ordered a ati radeon 9550 128 mb for around $70, and he can play the game on high. you might also need a power supply (doubt it)

Yes, you really need to upgrade. Buy at least another 256 mb of RAM and then get the radeon 9550.

my friend just ordered a ati radeon 9550 128 mb for around $70, and he can play the game on high.
He may be able to play the game on high but those with better gfx card will still have it look better ^_^.

i would guess you need a new motherboard as you probably dont have an agp slot, if its a dell then thats almost for shure. also get another 512 mb of ram. if you go to www.overclockers.co.uk you can sometimes pick up a 9700 pro for £70, which will run hl2 at full whack.
btw, if it is a dell and you dont have an agp slot then you will also need a new tower case as the old one wont have the connections for the new motherboard.

Yes, that's the problem with PCs, they're so expensive to keep up to date with the latest games.

But they're worth it in the end, as PC games tend to be the best around.

Remember to make sure that you have at least 400-480 Power supply for like radeons 9600 XT 128 Mb or higher mattering on how many things you have on your computer. Also of course check to see how many watt power supply ya have otherwise it will blow if not enough because it cant handle graphics card.

FaTaLiTy said:
Nooooooooooo I dont have enough memory to play. I tried playing the demo and that message came up. Im so pissed..I wanna play so bad!Also I think my cpu doesnt have a good graphic card. Im not a computer guru so I dont know.When I tried playing the demo, my desktop got all big. I dunno...I so pissed...Im sick of playing Halo 2 on xbox live ;(

Hmm next time...DON't BUY A GAME THAT NEEDS HIGHER SPECS THAN UR COMP HAS....or upgrade

also ur CPU is ur processor but u were reffering to ur whole computer (right?)

Foebane said:
Yes, that's the problem with PCs, they're so expensive to keep up to date with the latest games.

But they're worth it in the end, as PC games tend to be the best around.

are you kidding me? Standard comps are way cheaper than a few years ago. My old Pentium II 266 mhz, 64 mb ram, and voodoo gfx card comp cost me above 3000 dollars. Now my new comp that plays hl2 at full detail with no AA cost me less than 1000...

Hmm next time...DON't BUY A GAME THAT NEEDS HIGHER SPECS THAN UR COMP HAS....or upgrade
He didn't buy it smarty.
He is trying the "Demo" for HL2.

^^ I thought he Ment he was doing the stress test...because he also metioned 5 discs.....sry if that is not the case

I had the same problem. If you're using the C: drive and your D: drive is empty, use your D: drive. That's what I did.

You don't really need a GREAT graphics card. I have a sony vaio and I didn't get a card to play and it looks really good.

Xensin said:
I had the same problem. If you're using the C: drive and your D: drive is empty, use your D: drive. That's what I did.

You don't really need a GREAT graphics card. I have a sony vaio and I didn't get a card to play and it looks really good.
He doesn't have enough RAM memory to run the game, switching harddrives ain't gonna help.

MarcoPollo said:

also ur CPU is ur processor but u were reffering to ur whole computer (right?)
I didnt buy the game...I borrowed it.2nd of All I im gonna by the MB of RAM then the graphics card.I got another question....Do I need an internet connection to play offline?

FaTaLiTy said:
I didnt buy the game...I borrowed it.2nd of All I im gonna by the MB of RAM then the graphics card.I got another question....Do I need an internet connection to play offline?
Uhmm... you mean play singelplayer? No, but you need one to install HL2 though.

Remember to make sure that you have at least 400-480 Power supply for like radeons 9600 XT 128 Mb or higher mattering on how many things you have on your computer. Also of course check to see how many watt power supply ya have otherwise it will blow if not enough because it cant handle graphics card.
lol, that was complete bull sh!t

Your CPU is fine.

You need memory and a nice graphics card.

Its worth the money though.

Back