AI Director and Brutal difficulty added to Alien Swarm

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1282606543_alienswarm.jpg
[br]Valve has recently updated Alien Swarm, the free game released via Steam nearly a month ago, with new features that have been most requested from the community.[br] New in the update is Onslaught Mode, which adds the A.I Director, a program that dynamically spawns enemies based on the player's performance, as seen in Left 4 Dead. Along with that comes the Brutal difficulty mode, which is said to make it impossible to finish even one level.[br] On top of all of that they have added Hardcore Friendly Fire, which when enabled will greatly increase the damage done via friendly fire. To round it off they have also added three new IAF promotion ranks: Platinum Star, Osmium Star, and the coveted Iridium Medallion. You can see the entire news update here.

Well that's neat... though I'd really like to just see more maps instead of ramping up difficulty on the same one...

AI director really kicks the crap out of you now, plus even normal difficultly without onslaught is a bitch now.

Sweet, loving Valve for the free game, plus all the support

Nice update, I havn't tried it yet but from the sound of it this should be fun.

I think the mod team at Valve need to focus on a second campaign for the next major update. And if that is too much of a stretch, they could create a gamemode which uses converted maps from the original campaign.

Back