Alyx Vance (portait sculpture)

Natan

Reaction score
Here is The Alyx mini bust not completed, but I'm done working on it. And thought I would post an update.

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

she's not that accurate but I will get it right the next time using more reference material and better clay. maybe I'll do a G-man bust next.

DAMN dude that looks awesome! How long did you spend on it? The proportions look alittle off but good job. also she looks like an alien in the first pic lol

Looks pretty good man, just, her forehead is like... two foreheads.

Looks pretty good man, just, her forehead is like... two foreheads.

From the front, I'd disagree, but from the side it does look like she has two foreheads. :p

Gordon is taller than Alyx, that's why he sees the top of her head and the bandanna is visible in game, but in reality it should be going back, not up.

thanks for the kind words. I didn't finish the back of the head cause I ran out of clay, at least this batch of brown sculpey. So that's why her head looks odd from the side. I know the proportions are off, but she does not have 2 foreheads. you can see her hair line below the headband.

"Gordon is taller than Alyx, that's why he sees the top of her head and the bandanna is visible in game, but in reality it should be going back, not up."

there's a side by side picture of the in-game models and their real life counterpart in the raising the bar book. And Jamil's bandana is facing the sky.

So I'm going to start a new Alyx Vance portrait sculpture and this time I will make it bigger and sculpt more of the body, so you will see her shoulders.

Alyxcopy.jpg

I'll probably choose a more exiting facial expression like
this one which is a classic
180px-Alyx_face.jpg

and maybe use Jamil Mulan as reference material.
jamil-mullen-large.jpg

Any idea's for the face?

Give her the episode 2 battle scar?

That's the only idea I have. Other then slapping a removable headcrab on that sucker.

In fact, make a headcrab zombie bust with a removable headcrab... when you're done.

I wish I could sculpt.

Back