Am I retarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TherinTheSlayer

Hi all,

I'm new here, and I'm coming on as I'm so completely stuck. I've been flying through the game, but have come to the first time you get the mudskipper. I cannot open the first gate to get out, and cannot find anything that will open it. I'm at my wits end. It feels like too simple of a problem that I'm not getting, esp. when any walkthrough claims the simplicity of this point in the game. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-Therin

mudskipper what the hell is that do you mean the air boat

Yes he means the airboat... people called it the mudskipper before we knew what it was.

In any event, I don't remember too well what happened but I remember thinking "Oh, I guess I'm just supposed to run through it."

BAM! DIdn't work to well.

Now, as for if I got out and did something I'm not sure, i think i remember the guy just opening it up after a minute or so... but I'm not 100% certain.

With mudskipper you mean the airboat? As far as I can recall, the first gate can be opened by using the valve to the right.

it might be a glitch ,so go to saved game close to it and try again . most times that is all it is.

The first gate as in the gate where you get on it at the resistance guy's station? Or after you've been driving around a while? If its at the resistance station, its a bug, if its later on..there's a valve to the right you turn to lift it.

Yeah, the spot is just past the resistance area that gets shelled to nothingness, where the first big batch of zombies start kicking around. There is a valve up and to the right, but no matter how I try to turn it, it will not go. There is a woman standing there with a gas tank, but she has a blank stare and doesn't say a thing and does not move. No matter how I try to save and restart, nothing changes. I managed to walk ahead a good ways into the 4th chapter, but then there's a giant lake of radioactive sludge after a while that wastes me in seconds. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

-Therin

I think she is supposed to open it, prolly a bug in the script

Hmm. Well, if the woman isn't moving, then that's probably an AI problem. And if saving and restarting doesn't do anything... Well, apart from trying to somehow drive the airboat out of the there despite the barricade, I'm a bit stumped too.

First try to reload a save game and see if the same problem is occuring. If that isn't helping, type ai_disable in the console and see if that helps (and btw, you're not running an illegal copy, aren't you?). If that doesn't help, open the console again, type sv_cheats 1 and noclip and fly through that barricade (I don't know if the airboat noclips with you).

If you can't get out of that room, you could always enable cheats (sv_cheats 1), use noclip to fly through the barrier, then when you're on the other side, look at the ground a little bit ahead of you and type ch_createairboat. tada, brand new airboat.

gate

is it the one where there is a valve but it has sparks flying and looks spoiled? you have to shoot some flammable barrels ard you which will cause some metal pilings to ram open the gate. if i am wrong abt where u are., then forget it

Thanks for all the help folks, turns out it was a bug that just needed a little crushing, so to say. Things are moving along nicely now. This is one Impressive game.

-Therin

What's punctuation?

I was about to suggest you try getting in the boat, but now you got it :(

punctuation is anything sort of structure in a sentence (commas, periods, question marks, colons, semi-colons, etc.)
get ON the boat. That would be grammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back