American Soldiers driving their humvees like crazy in Baghdad

Probably under orders, since if they are idle in a urban envoiroment, perfect for an ambush

ya so? ...you're assuming the US military cares about the welfare of iraqis

maybe they where on a mission

or maybe the driver was a desperate 16 years old kid who could'nt get a driver licence and joined the army to drive something

or maybe they where going fast and furious in the humvee

its funny how above the law they are, seeing as they are the law.....

but i also agree that they were probably in a rush and didnt want to be ya know, shot at

When you start getting shot at by IDE's and ak47's get back to me... :rolleyes:

ya so? ...you're assuming the US military cares about the welfare of iraqis

Nice face to face then when your back is turned they gun you down. Great bunch of people let me tell you...

Nice face to face then when your back is turned they gun you down. Great bunch of people let me tell you...

Don't matter. You don't risk civilian lives EVER.

Nice face to face then when your back is turned they gun you down.
great bunch of people let me tell you...
so what you're saying is that the threat of a single humvee being attacked allows them to justify putting an entire street full of Iraqi civilians at risk ?.i can perhaps understand that they need to cutdown on transit time as much as possible to avoid being attacked and such but ramming into cars,buses,driving into oncoming traffic and then bitching about it, is not the way to do it they could have caused a pile up.

More civilian lives would be at risk if they were to drive slowly and attract a bunch of insurgents that would shoot at them/use suicide bombers. A quick nudge to tell you to move over is hardly putting their lives at risk. And as for the people on the side walks, they obviously need to be taught their green cross code more thoroughly, they were so gormless crossing those roads I'm surprised they weren't hit by normal civilian traffic.

More civilian lives would be at risk if they were to drive slowly and attract a bunch of insurgents that would shoot at them/use suicide bombers. A quick nudge to tell you to move over is hardly putting their lives at risk. And as for the people on the side walks, they obviously need to be taught their green cross code more thoroughly, they were so gormless crossing those roads I'm surprised they weren't hit by normal civilian traffic.

/agree

I know I would be doing the same exact thing if I were them...

I can't imagine how paranoid you could get over there... not knowing where the next strike is going to come from...

Hey, alittle nudge is nothing... they were lucky they didn't get the 40 Cal aimed at them... well who knows, maybe they did =)

so what you're saying is that the threat of a single humvee being attacked allows them to justify putting an entire street full of Iraqi civilians at risk ?.i can perhaps understand that they need to cutdown on transit time as much as possible to avoid being attacked and such but ramming into cars,buses,driving into oncoming traffic and then bitching about it, is not the way to do it they could have caused a pile up.

the entire street? Come on, see it for what it is, they bumped them.

Why is everybody being so pissy about this?

I mean, it's not like they full on rammed anybody. Every time they came to a slow moving car, they slowed down and honked, to give the guys a chance to move out of the way.

Then, if the guy didn't move, they gave him a slight bumper tap, backed off, and then waited to see if he then decides to move.

I mean, I hate America being in Iraq with a passion, but c'mon. Seriously : /

I'd like to know the full context of this. Without knowing what the situation was I don't feel I can really judge it one way or another. Was this just an average humvee out on a routine mission? Was it some soldiers joyriding? Was it an ambulance unit trying to get someone to a hospital? I don't know.

I'd like to know the full context of this. Without knowing what the situation was I don't feel I can really judge it one way or another. Was this just an average humvee out on a routine mission? Was it some soldiers joyriding? Was it an ambulance unit trying to get someone to a hospital? I don't know.

Good point D:

They're being dicks about it, but they are making it less likely for them to be attacked, thereby reducing the chance of any serious collateral damage.

No thats how they drive...Look up on videos on IED explosions I sure as hell wouldn't drive slow as shit in traffic, thats a bullseye right on your forehead.

They are actually protecting civilians driving this way, if say said humvee was to be blown up several civilians would be killed in attack...

They're being dicks about it, but they are making it less likely for them to be attacked, thereby reducing the chance of any serious collateral damage.

if being a dick means you dont get ambushed, then i dont blame them

/agree

what if the driver was drunk?

driver:"hey alladin move yo ass outa the way...oh crap got to puke buaaarrrgggg........dam I am on the other line now"

what if the driver was drunk?

driver:"hey alladin move yo ass outa the way...oh crap got to puke buaaarrrgggg........dam I am on the other line now"

You're retarded beyond belief, sorry it had to be said. He was perfectly coherent when driving its just how they drive to stay alive.

I'm more interested in the context than anything else, and even if the context is stupid then thats hardly a blanket statement on everyone behind the wheel of a humvee in Iraq. I haven't heard anything about Iraq specifically but I know the traffic situation in some Middle Eastern countries is extremely chaotic (Egypt etc).

You're retarded beyond belief, sorry it had to be said. He was perfectly coherent when driving its just how they drive to stay alive.

I am not retarded is just some condition a guy in white coats told me,,dont remnber much

im with a couple the other guys too... i cant make a sound call on anything. All we have here is video footage of them driving fast in a humvee.. and bumpin into civilian cars. Who knows what was realyl happening...:sleep:

PEACE

Mikey

Sure the Americans don't want to get ambushed, but look at the other side. If I was in one of those cars that got "nudged" I would think the American troops were real assholes and probably would be happy to overlook a sniper or rpg team on my rooftop. Think how pissed off you get when it's rush hour traffic and some asshole cuts you off, now imagine that same asshole rams you from behind and then drives into oncomming traffic.

Wait wait. How about they, um... NOT DRIVE ****ING HUMVEES?

No thats how they drive...Look up on videos on IED explosions I sure as hell wouldn't drive slow as shit in traffic, thats a bullseye right on your forehead.

They are actually protecting civilians driving this way, if say said humvee was to be blown up several civilians would be killed in attack...
i fail to see how driving like this would protect them from ied ?
ieds are Improvised Explosive Devices mostly in the form of roadside bombs they're going to explode no matter how fast you drive and when they do explode they're going to injure the civilians around the area whether or not you cut through traffic.

Back