An Idea

portalish

Reaction score
Hi Forums, I had an Idea of a great hl2/portal mod,
Game play:
It would use the portal gun as the only weapon. almost same mechanics as Portal as a puzzle game but with a bit more combat (like placing portals to a.redirect bullets or b.put traps for enemies to fall into. But heres the kicker. This mod is a Musical. It would work out that in some points in the story the Npcs would go into song and as for the player (Chell) you would pretty much just watch. Chell herself as a mute (I think she is?) can't sing, but she would Hum during her songs. The Mod would also include Gordon Freeman He would also Hum during his songs.

Plot:
The game takes place after Portal 2(but sadly with hl2 Graphics) and Chell walks through the field and finds a farm house. Through the window Chell see's 2 refugees in the house singing like Husband and wife and they see her peeking into the window and let her in and ask were she's from, soon finding out she can't speak. the wife see's the portal gun in her hand and says something like "*GASP* can it be true? You're from Aperture!, How long have you been there?" After they see her confused looks they tell her the whole HL story with the combine and Breen and lastly Gordon the savior... After that a Gunship finds them and attacks the house they tell Chell to run to White Forest after leaving the house the player sees the house being destroyed. Then Chell goes to the City and finds ruins, and a monitor that replays Barney saying to follow the dirt road after the highway to White forest. Later in the Mod Chell finds Gordon and that's all I have.

I Can't code or anything. I can be a writer or do some lines(I am still a Teen) I am a male actor and can sing.
I will need:
Mappers,
Coders,
Model makers,
and whatever a mod needs. I hope we can make my Idea an Awesome mod! Thanks for reading.

Cool idea, but the heavy-lifting is gonna get done by all the guys you're listing. Unless you have something more than voice-acting to bring to the table I don't see anyone being interested.

I will handle all the music. And Maybe a little mapping. I can't do a lot. sorry for the Inconvenience.

You're not inconveniencing me, man, but successful mods generally spawn pretty organically. They grow as ideas amongst a group of people. See if you can't find anyone who has the talent you're looking for and start bouncing ideas around. You'd be surprised where it takes you.

Ideas are a dime a dozen.

I Can't code or anything. I can be a writer or do some lines(I am still a Teen) I am a male actor and can sing.

This is what I've seen in every one of these threads (not the singing part), and this is why they never work.

Hi Forums, I had an Idea of a great hl2/portal mod,
After that a Gunship finds them and attacks the house they tell Chell to run to White Forest after leaving the house the player sees the house being destroyed. Then Chell goes to the City and finds ruins, and a monitor that replays Barney saying to follow the dirt road after the highway to White forest. Later in the Mod Chell finds Gordon and that's all I have.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Aperture somewhere in the midwest of the U.S. and isn't White Forest presumably somewhere in eastern Europe? How is she going to run halfway around the world? (Unless you plan on incorporating the travel time into the game.)

Back