Anime

SubKamran

Reaction score
Tell me, is Anime shows (Inuyasha, Megas XLR, etc.) really that bad? I mean, they have a storyline (Megas XLR doesn't have a deep one unlike Inuyasha, but most shows do I suppose)...unlike cartoons on Nickelodeon.

All I hear from people is anime is gay or it's for "losers" or whatever... or are they just nitwits? It's like CS...people make fun of it and say it's gay but it really isn't (it's just the people). So then it gets a bad rap when it shouldn't.

Opinions?

People don't understand true Anime therefore they attempt to undermine it. Uselessly.

Well, you cant tell people what they should like and what they shouldnt like. Some people like anime, some dont.

I Like it because its something new, a fresh wind. Take a peek at Serial Experiments Lain (best series ever made), Last Exile, Saikano or Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. All good animes with different kind of stories (Saikano and KGNE are both romantic animes though).

Anime is cheap to do and japan do _a lot_ of anime, therefore they have the chance to be unique. They wont die if they fail, they'll just make another one. Sometimes we get ubercrappy animes, but sometimes they hit the sweet spot and make something you never seen before.. and thats what i like about it.

I wouldn't call people who watch animé stupid automatically.

But personally, I generally don't like it. The only animé I've actually enjoyed was Excel Saga. Other than that, it just seems both boring and ridiculous. Slow scenes, and the disproportionate people kind of piss me off. The well drawn ones (like Cowboy Beebop, for example) are sometimes interesting, but I find myself rather wanting to watch something real.

But those are just my opinions. :)

Go watch some Cowboy Bebop or Hellsing, not that rubbish stuff they show on children's channels during the day.

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

If you havent seen episodes 1-26 and End of Evangelion.
You havnt seen the best creation of anime/film/story etc etc EVERYTHING>

Its the best thing i have ever watched.

Extreamly hard to understand. Everyone i have asked about it has said the same. It makes your head hurt and stomach hurt. Its simply insane.

Anime movies: Almost always good.
Anime TV shows: Almost always lame.

Simple as that for me, really.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion.

If you havent seen episodes 1-26 and End of Evangelion.
You havnt seen the best creation of anime/film/story etc etc EVERYTHING>

Its the best thing i have ever watched.

Extreamly hard to understand. Everyone i have asked about it has said the same. It makes your head hurt and stomach hurt. Its simply insane.

watched all the episodes recently- and now i am desperately trying to find the movies. i must have more eva. I MUST HAVE MORE EVA!!! they cant end the series on a cliffhanger like that!!? I NEED MORE!!! what? no-one on limewire has it? then i'll just have to go out and buy them.

note: all anime is addictive. i haev watched 104 episodes of naruto, and i download the latest episode every week on bitorrent. i also downlaod the latest issue of the manga too. its so addictive...

<3 anime

Suicide42 said:
watched all the episodes recently- and now i am desperately trying to find the movies. i must have more eva. I MUST HAVE MORE EVA!!! they cant end the series on a cliffhanger like that!!? I NEED MORE!!! what? no-one on limewire has it? then i'll just have to go out and buy them.

note: all anime is addictive. i haev watched 104 episodes of naruto, and i download the latest episode every week on bitorrent. i also downlaod the latest issue of the manga too. its so addictive...

<3 anime

Make sure you watch End of Evangelion (its the real ending) (they couldnt shot it on tv so they made a whole movie on it) You can get it easy on dc++ But make sure you watch End of evangelion before Death and Rebirth the movie. Deatha nd rebirth is a recap of the eps. and movie.

evangelion is the greatest!!

read the mangas also!
even more confusing
i love the series
there actually making a live action movie to
suicide42, i pmed you

Cowboy Bebop is my favorite series... not just anime, but of all kinds :)

Dragon Ball (Z) is still kinda cool to me.. but not the type of series you watch more than once. (I'm no kiddie, btw)

Yeah, I find the sort of Anime movies they have on SBS are good, but the kids TV is mostly crap, with notable exceptions like SonicX (Sonic is cool full stop), Digimon (Yeah, I know it's a half-hour ad for Tamagotchis, but the characters are surprisingly deep) and Astroboy (What? His arms turn into guns and his feet turn into rockets. And didn't the original version have guns in his butt, or something? How on Earth could that not be cool?).

I really enjoyed Armitage III. The sequel was kinda "meh"...

Hah, my friend is a really big fan of Inu Yasha, so I got some episodes just to see why she thought it was so good...wow, it's a really great show, my brothers watch it and when the episode is done they're like, "NEXT ONE! PLAY THE NEXT ONE!" It's really good, IMO.

Back