another gfx card question...

spamboo

Reaction score
i have an apollo geforce fx5600 256mb. (flexing my Epenis) but my question is, i resently D/L 3dmark03 and scored around 1380 (no aa or af). in the proxycon game (for any one who knows it) i got about 7.4fps average. the graphics in the source engine and the graphics in the proxycon game seems to be on par with each other to me (but i dont know much about what gos into a graphics engine). i have an fx series card and i can only run 7fps in proxycon?! does this mean that half life 2 might be the same for me. i know they ran the e3 demo with a 128 radeon 9800 pro. but even in hl1 i with aa at 4x and af at 4x i max at 60 fps in low action seens.

that's not right at all, you should be getting much more points and fps. I get got likt 6000 points in it..

(flexing of the epenis)

and half-life 2 will run better than 3dmark. 3dmark is made to stress the **** out of your card and cpu. I dont know what the problem is, upgrade your drivers, flash your bios, tap your feet twice. and ask around on the nvidia forum , or 3dmark forum. or email nvidia. You might have a faulty card. But I doubt it.

i got the new drivers. *sigh* time to do a bios check again.

Originally posted by spamboo
i got the new drivers. *sigh* time to do a bios check again.

it might just be the combination of the card sucking hard, and 3dmark03 sucking even harder.

Well, the FX5600 is a good card, one of the better in the FX line, and 3DMark03 does blow...

But HL2 will run much, much better.

You might be scoring bad becuase ther est of your syetm. what are it's specs?

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
Well, the FX5600 is a good card, one of the better in the FX line, and 3DMark03 does blow...

But HL2 will run much, much better.

You might be scoring bad becuase ther est of your syetm. what are it's specs?

The 5600 isnt that great, the ULTRA version is much better. But your 3dmarks still are a litte bit low. What resolution are you running 3dmark? From the looks of this tech-report review that is the score you should be getting at 1280x1024

http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2003q2/geforcefx-5600/index.x?pg=13

Looks like they couldnt recommend this card for any purpose

Proxycon is a real drain on any system :)
I can only reach about 30 fps...

Anyway, do a search on ORB and one find out that the highest scoring 5600 is at 3200 marks. Then there is a fast drop to around 2200 and a crapload of those. The last score is 1112 but it appears to average around 2000, so that should be your goal, which means something is wrong with your setup...

Though it could be right, the FX 5600 is a horrible card compared to the competion (9500), and most cards in ORB are overclocked. But I dont know, the mhz for all those 5600 is totally wrong, they show like 50/150 and last time I locked even the Geforce SDR had higher speeds than that :D
Unless they mean amount of overclock, I'm not that familiar with ORB.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
it might just be the combination of the card sucking hard, and 3dmark03 sucking even harder.

:farmer:

the rest of my system is pretty fast, p4 2.6ghz 800fsb w/HT, 512 ddr ram.

oh and btw i flashed my bio's and re-ran 3dmark03 and got 2388 on it a 1024 x 768 with no aa/af. 14fps on proxycon.

Originally posted by spamboo
oh and btw i flashed my bio's and re-ran 3dmark03 and got 2388 on it a 1024 x 768 with no aa/af. 14fps on proxycon.
W00T! Then you know something was wrong, that's a good increase. Though a 9500 can flash and overclock to get 6000 marks :D

Back