Another steam bandwidth increase!

Well. it's had a minot spike. If it starts looking "shaky", like up and down significantly quickly, that's usually a sign. I guess that we'll just have to wait and see :p

You mean the vertical spike? Nah those are there all the time.

Even if it's nothing. We need some excitement! :E :E :E

The Silhouette said:
your reading the wrong graph, "Dumb-in-a-box".

Thanks for the troll.

But, it was up to 10,000 for a while. Kthxbbq

Heh we are like a bunch of geologists watching a siesmograph..

OMG TEH SPIKE!11@

Yes, the number of Steam users are growing. The americans have gotten to their jobs.

pr0n

all those little spikes is just gabe increasing the badwidth just a tad for a sec to download and add the the Valve Pr0n Archive real quick... :D :farmer: :cheers:

i wonder if that pron archive will be available in the gold addition?

um.. there were several similar spikes yesterday. nothing happened then, obviously.

mount st. helen's is gonna blow.... that's what it means.

doesn't the bandwidth usually take a spike downwards anyway? thats wot happend before with preload 4 and 5 i seem to remember

no gold...platinum

no. It wont be avialable in the gold edition....after the final release happens valve will anounce the "Steam Platinum edition" witch Platinum members will be able to recieve and browse through the entire Valve Pr0n Archive. It will be a seperate area in steams and it will be devided up in different standard Pr0n genre catagories. :O :p :bounce: :farmer: :cheers:

you should not see a jump up before a preload, but adrop down as all the steam servers are "upgraded" with the new files.
Seems to me the "up" spikes are servers gettting removed/added for maintenance.( like defrags and log retrievals).

Look for a DROP in bandwidth first.

cadaveca said:
you should not see a jump up before a preload, but adrop down as all the steam servers are "upgraded" with the new files.
Seems to me the "up" spikes are servers gettting removed/added for maintenance.( like defrags and log retrievals).

Look for a DROP in bandwidth first.

There's not much to be updated when it's just a purchase page :D

FISKER_Q said:
There's not much to be updated when it's just a purchase page :D

you don't think there will be more than that?
the CS:S is supposed to go live too...so i would expect a download of about 60-150mb for that(maybe new engine, definate STEAM menu update, to remove/modify the beta listings in playable games.), but nowhere was it stated the 2 would happen at the same time..the purchase pages are live from the web, i thought? why would that even require an update? I expect a download for the CS:S, not purchase prices. that would only be several k, maybe a mb, at most

I think the increase was to let Gabe order donuts online :cheese:

Well now it dropped a but it's not possible to see if it's just one of the little drops like earlier.

Gilligan said:
Thanks for the troll.

But, it was up to 10,000 for a while. Kthxbbq

k thanks bbq?

who's having a bar-b-q? and why wasnt i invited?

FISKER_Q said:
Well now it dropped a but it's not possible to see if it's just one of the little drops like earlier.

You people are looking way too closely into things...It will be a BIG drop like it's always been. Quit picking at every little thing that happens because it gets your hopes up, and then there's no new release, and you commit suicide (or something of the like)

[[LuCkY]] said:
You people are looking way too closely into things...It will be a BIG drop like it's always been. Quit picking at every little thing that happens because it gets your hopes up, and then there's no new release, and you commit suicide (or something of the like)
I'm not getting my hopes up, i'm bored cause i'm still waiting for a cd-key for world of warcraft beta, and that alone is taking up a lot of mental power. So suicide is imminent regardless of the drop is something of use.

And again why should it drop big in the bandwitdh when you only need to update a site on the storefront server?

False alarm. Look, this has happened multiple times yesterday. A preload only occurs when it quickly spikes up AND down, not just some little up spikes. Preload clues are usually a little shakier than this,

FISKER_Q said:
Who says we're looking for a preload?

Valve does...but not a preload.. i guess it would be the final load for CS:S, as they said that CS:S would be released this week to ATI coupon holders, and HL2 pre-order holders(not sure about the HL2 bit because how do preorders have a cd key?) . Personally, i think it would be announced all over when it was available, and people are reading to much into normal behavior from a some-what accurate graph on STEAMPOWERED.COM

nothing at all, all we need is to unlock the preload 5 that we already have.

What is everyone looking at? The amount of available bandwidth on steam? What's the big deal about that? It seems to be happening every day according to a lot of you.

Back