Any news on Valve at Gamescom?

MrPuddings

Headcrab
Reaction score
As the title entails, I'm wondering if any other news for Valve at gamescom has surfaced.

I think when something is announced, you will find the news on Valvetime first, so just wait

Valve were only planning to show off the new Steam Controller at Gamescom, so don't expect to hear anything about Source 2 or new games.

Summary on Gamescom:

Valve have a booth which is just selling CSGO and Dota 2 TI4 merchandise. (Valve store is Hall 10 booth, F40)

They also have a business suite booked (Business booth is hall 4.1, booth A031) for private meetings, based around SteamOS most likely. Image from Facepunch here: https://i.imgur.com/hPB9Qu4.jpg

Lambda Generation confirmed with Doug Lombardi nothing of interest is being announced:
LambdaGeneration confirmed this in an email to Valve’s Doug Lombardi earlier, who said that there will be no press or public showings planned this year and only business related meetings will be taking place.

I think when something is announced, you will find the news on Valvetime first, so just wait

If valve were to announce something really really big, You would find out way way before you ever clicked on your valvetime bookmark or typed in valvetime.net. It would be all over the facebook's, news, emails, twitters, tumblrs, blogs ...unless valvetime is literally the first thing you type in when you boot up your computer.

If valve were to announce something really really big, You would find out way way before you ever clicked on your valvetime bookmark or typed in valvetime.net. It would be all over the facebook's, news, emails, twitters, tumblrs, blogs ...unless valvetime is literally the first thing you type in when you boot up your computer.

I have no facebook account and why should it be on my emails. I have 3-4 news sites I visit and valvetime is one of them, I dont think the other ones could be faster.

Why emails you ask? People just like you, who are gamers and don't have a facebook (and don't have a valvetime) to tell their friends about how excited they are, or to let others know. And I really don't think it will be that hard to get on, I mean msn normally has stuff on it like the 5 most loyal car brand fans and taylor swift plays jimmy falons GF in a skit, I have no trouble imagining "the most anticipated game ever" has been announced. heck, I'd bet it even make it on foxnews and cnn if something really political wasn't happening.

You implying it isn't?

Back